By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Xi Jinping Wants War

CaptainExplosion said:
vivster said:
He also said he doesn't seek to expand.

It feels more like a threat to Hong Kong and Taiwan.

True, but to me it feels like he's pointing a gun right at whoever he doesn't like, which may very well include Canada.

You know, Chinese immigrating here doesn't mean they're planning on taking over the country!

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Kim Jong Un would, and China's a big ally to North Korea alongside Russia.

Interestingly there's an increasing rift between China and NK. The constant crazy things they do, (as well as occasional attacks on Chinese citizens) have lead to the populace and government hating the country. It will be very interesting to see in 2021 if they renew the Mutual Defence Treaty, because as of right now, there's a likelyhood that it won't be. Which in turn, would allow another country to invade NK without Chinese intervention.

Who says China's NOT making rail guns to fire at us?

No one, as they've publicly confirmed and bragged about having the worlds first ship mounted Railgun (albeit a test unit). It will probably take a few years before they're ready to destroy aircraft carriers though, RG's take immense amounts of electricity, and require heavy maintenance.

As i've said before though, they're not going to wage war on Canada. Their attention is with other countries who they actually have issues with.

Insidb said:
Global capitalism has already ruined the viability of war, and no one wants to end up like Russia.

World War III was already waged by multinational corporations, and they've planted their golden arch flags on every continent.

Exactly. Too many powerful people all around the globe count on stable markets.  The idea of two G-20 nations going to full scale war would be disastrous to the world economy and will be avoided at all costs.

He probably wants to conquer Canada and turn it into a communist satellite state.

He's threatening Hong Kong and Taiwan that they should not fight for independence

He's not threatening Canada or the rest of the world with this speech

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I feel sorry for the people under this tyrant.

Especially Taiwan and Hong Kong.

It's a damn shame about Hong Kong. I have wanted to visit since I was in middle school because I have a deep love for Hong Kong Films . However now that i'm in College and can go I honestly don't want to with the grip China is getting over them. My cousin studied in mainland China last summer and he claims that the media has overblown some of China's problems. However he did say Some of the communist aspects of society made him uncomfortable and he said most people in the mainland were blissfully ignorant of stuff the government was doing. I think Taiwan will be fine because they have a badass military and China knows the USA and other countries would defend them.

What about Macau? Or were they weasling through and I ratted them out?

CaptainExplosion said:
Insidb said:
Global capitalism has already ruined the viability of war, and no one wants to end up like Russia.

World War III was already waged by multinational corporations, and they've planted their golden arch flags on every continent.

Russia today looks more and more like the Soviet Union though, especially since Putin's thuggish actions keep him in power.

Exactly, no one wants to end up like Russia.

Hey but wasnt trump that would lead to ww3 and make hundreds of artists flee to canada? I thought he was the real theat and not putin and poo bear. I really dont know who to trust anymore.