By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves - Metacritic/Review thread - Metascore: XBO - 69 (69 reviews) PC - 68 (23 reviews)

70/100

Around the Network

This scores 85 easy. Can't wait!

Last edited by reviniente - on 20 March 2018

I'm gona say 84 !

Lock my prediction in at 80.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I don't go by metacritic reviews as they compile reviews from paid marketing sites (Gamespot, IGN, etc) and users who don't need to own a copy of said game - its mostly console wars scores. Metacritic is a bad joke. I go by players and on Twitch/Mixer, every streamer seems to be having a blast!

Can't wait!!!

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
78 because it is a new Microsoft IP.
If it was a Nintendo game, the very same game would score around 94/100 average.

Just a guess, but maybe if it's 78 it will be because it's not liked by as many people as Nintendo games are?

Maybe, just maybe, the game isn't for "everyone" unlike Nintendo games tend to be?

Nah, you must be right. It will just be, and can only be, a big bias against Microsoft. /s

Hynad said:
DirtyP2002 said:
If it was a Nintendo game, the very same game would score around 94/100 average.

Just a guess, but maybe if it's 78 it will be because it's not liked by as many people as Nintendo games are?

Maybe, just maybe, the game isn't for "everyone" unlike Nintendo games tend to be?

Nah, you must be right. It will just be, and can only be, a big bias against Microsoft. /s

I like Nintendo games, I really do.
I just started my own company and we bought a switch for the lunch breaks. That was one of the first things we did here.

My point is that somehow Nintendo games are immune against some criteria other games always have to deal with.

Did we ever really discussed resolution / framerates for a Nintendo game or did reviewer say something negative about it?
When some Xbox One games were 900p upscaled to 1080p the internet stopped immediately. Nintendo games running at 720p is perfectly fine though.

What about online gameplay?
Nintendo seriously lacks here, there online network is NOWHERE near Xbox Live or even PSN.

When DriveClub had its issues with online gameplay at release, it was (rightfully) slamed by reviewers.

I could go on with balancing issues, visuals, patches, DLC.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Hynad said:

I like Nintendo games, I really do.
I just started my own company and we bought a switch for the lunch breaks. That was one of the first things we did here.

My point is that somehow Nintendo games are immune against some criteria other games always have to deal with.

Did we ever really discussed resolution / framerates for a Nintendo game or did reviewer say something negative about it?
When some Xbox One games were 900p upscaled to 1080p the internet stopped immediately. Nintendo games running at 720p is perfectly fine though.

What about online gameplay?
Nintendo seriously lacks here, there online network is NOWHERE near Xbox Live or even PSN.

When DriveClub had its issues with online gameplay at release, it was (rightfully) slamed by reviewers.

I could go on with balancing issues, visuals, patches, DLC.

I think there is some slack given (and rightfully so) due to the Switch also being a portable system, running on a mobile chipset. One that is more than 3x powerful than the Vita. I mean why does it matter that doom is only 720p, it's the only doom you can take with you anywhere.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

DirtyP2002 said:

That isnt true imo.
If anything I think alot of the US media goes easy on the XB with game scores.
its just its not had the best og gens so far, when it comes to games output.