By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Latin Americans really like Dragonball

HomokHarcos said:
How easy is it to find anime in Spanish or Portuguese?

On top of what people have already said, most cartoons people watched here in the 90s were anime shows. Things like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya, Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk or Slayers are really popular.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
pastro243 said:
I'm from Chile, I can confirm Dragon Ball is huge here. I was actually surprised when I found out it wasn't as huge in places like the USA

Some municipalities did public screenings even if Toei asked them not to lol. Fun thing is that they turn out like watching football in public.

90s dub was really well done and source material like music was kept almost intact (just some censoring on some over the top sex stuff in dragon ball)

Like Goku's penis?

That and Bulma's exposed breasts I assume.

Ka-pi96 said:
pastro243 said:
I'm from Chile, I can confirm Dragon Ball is huge here. I was actually surprised when I found out it wasn't as huge in places like the USA

Some municipalities did public screenings even if Toei asked them not to lol. Fun thing is that they turn out like watching football in public.

90s dub was really well done and source material like music was kept almost intact (just some censoring on some over the top sex stuff in dragon ball)

Like Goku's penis?

that was kept, it was more like Bulma's boobs, her naked ass or her asking Goku to touch it. Also when Goku removes her panties and then she shows herself to Roshi 

Nautilus said:
Dragon Ball is worldwide famous and it is loved bt pretty much everyone.Its not something exclusive to the Anericas

Please post viewing parties from anywhere, I was made aware of this and loved seeing the enthusiasm for the show.

Nymeria said:
Nautilus said:
Dragon Ball is worldwide famous and it is loved bt pretty much everyone.Its not something exclusive to the Anericas

Please post viewing parties from anywhere, I was made aware of this and loved seeing the enthusiasm for the show.

This is also from ecuador, 5000 people gathered to watch it in one place 

https://trome.pe/programas-tv/dragon-ball-super-130-impresionante-ecuador-machala-video-fotos-78572?foto=1 

Around the Network

Embassy of Japan in Mexico sent a note to a Mexican governor regarding the public airing of Dragon Ball Super's last two eps, asking to suspend it if its illegal because of Toei's author rights.

Why is this such a meme now?

pastro243 said:
Nymeria said:

This is also from ecuador, 5000 people gathered to watch it in one place 

https://trome.pe/programas-tv/dragon-ball-super-130-impresionante-ecuador-machala-video-fotos-78572?foto=1 

That's awesome, thank you for sharing.

Hell yeah. I think literally all my friends liked DBZ growing up. I doubt any of them watch Super now, tho.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Dragon Ball Super is pretty huge in brazil, Crunchyroll (Brazilian server) crashes every time it launches a new episode.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)