By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Latin Americans really like Dragonball

(SPOILERS!)

This past weekend was episode 130 of Dragonball Super where Goku faces Jiren in the climatic fight.  I agree the show is shallow and simple, but I won't lie when this happened...

...I pumped my fists and cheered. It's such cheesy badass fun that I indulge in.  I'm also not alone as across various Latin American countries people showed up in crowds to cheer on the Saiyan warrior.

Mexico

Chile

Ecuador

----------------------------

Have you ever been to a public viewing of a television show? Any people from Latin America have information on these viewings? Seem incredible to see people that excited about Dragonball.

Around the Network

Brazilian here. While I don't have information on public screenings like these I can confirm that DragonBall is pretty huge over here.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Can confirm, know a Chilean who really likes Dragon Ball

They also seem to really like Resident Evil (the video games).

HomokHarcos said:

Anfebious liked it, but he's been missing

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
HomokHarcos said:

Anfebious liked it, but he's been missing

A lot of the Resident Evil videos on YouTube are in Spanish and when I listened to a radio station from Mexico they first advertisement was for Resident Evil.

How easy is it to find anime in Spanish or Portuguese?

HomokHarcos said:
How easy is it to find anime in Spanish or Portuguese?

A lot of anime is actually dubbed in Spanish.

Dragon Ball is worldwide famous and it is loved bt pretty much everyone.Its not something exclusive to the Anericas

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm from Chile, I can confirm Dragon Ball is huge here. I was actually surprised when I found out it wasn't as huge in places like the USA

Some municipalities did public screenings even if Toei asked them not to lol. Fun thing is that they turn out like watching football in public.

90s dub was really well done and source material like music was kept almost intact (just some censoring on some over the top sex stuff in dragon ball)