By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

quickrick said:
VGPolyglot said:

If you're admitting that you're not above it I don't know why you were telling people to do something better with their lives then. Yes, this is far from the most productive thing to be doing but many people come on here to get a relief from their personal life.

yup he needs to get off his high horse.

You're the biggest part of the problem in most threads comparing the consoles. So it's not like your input means anything to me.

Around the Network
Replicant said:

Yet again, happy to see all 3 consoles doing great

That'll hopefully keep everyone at their toes going into next gen.

quickrick said:

labo will flop, and switch will flat line this year, and  that's if nintendo drops the price during the holidays

Lol you're giving PS4 owners (if that is what you are) a bad rap.

Switch just had the 2nd best 1st February ever only behind Wii. I can't see how that translates to losing momentum.

Intrinsi

e.

switch has the second best FEB means nothing, most of those consoles leaders wii, ps2, ps4, and 360 suffered shortages, aside from that switch has been on the market for a year by the time its first' February came, unlike others where it was like 2 months so it had much better selection of games. as for the momentum comment, oh come on, its obvious if switch sold 400k it would be ok to say its gaining momentum right? so why isn't ok to say it looked like it lost a bit momentum this month when its been doing ps4 numbers every month?

Last edited by quickrick - on 20 March 2018

Hynad said:
quickrick said:

yup he needs to get off his high horse.

You're the biggest part of the problem in most threads comparing the consoles. So it's not like your input means anything to me.

I feel this same way, feel free not to mention me then.

Congrats to PS4, that monster just can't be stopped. Due to accuracy errors, it's probably best to close the monthly Nintendo..errr I mean Amazon thread..

Okay, I'm noticing that this threads getting out of hand. Quit the jabs at each other and let's get this thread back on topic.

Around the Network

Software:

Last edited by poklane - on 20 March 2018

tbone51 said:
thismeintiel said:
Nice. Guess we're going to have to look at Amazon with a little more scrutiny, now. Should be fine to use for PS4 and XBO, though. Also, it's obvious that the Switch is still going to do well (I'm guessing right around what the 3DS did), but if things don't change, it doesn't look like it is going to hit $100M+.

Not sure what feb npd that implies it wont hit 100mil? I mean did something drastically change or am i missing something? Switch has a clear advantage over 3ds my friend

3DS did similar numbers for its first Feb.  3DS - 262K.  Switch - 279K.  Wii did 335K its first Feb.  I just see it being closer to 3DS than the Wii, in the end.  And you may say, "But, the PS4 did 285K its first Feb."  While that's true, PS4 was suffering shortages early in 2014.  The Switch no longer has that issue.

Glad to see FighterZ ranking high and PUBG still selling good on Xbox.

“Sony’s PlayStation 4 was the best-selling console in February,” said Piscatella. “And it remains the best-selling console year to date.”

for anyone doubting.

Shadow1980 said:

Chart Time!

While February is on average the strongest month for hardware sales (other months only match or beat it because of price cuts or major system-sellers), the Switch didn't get as big of a benefit this year as the PS4 & XBO did. Continued supply issues, perhaps? Or is demand starting to slacken slightly a year after launch? I suspect that if the Switch is down even slightly YoY in Q2, we'll see a price cut no later than this holiday season. Still, the Switch's sales are nothing to scoff at. It's still comparing favorably to both the 3DS and PS4.

The PS4 is down slightly YoY, though it was still a very strong month. Still, this is the third consecutive month where the PS4 is down YoY (it was also down YoY this past October; the big $100 price cut the week of Black Friday kept it from being a 5-month streak), which signals that the PS4 has passed its peak potential at the $300 price point. Sony will likely issue a permanent price cut some time later this year.

The XBO meanwhile is up YoY for the second month in a row. The increase in the weekly average was an impressive 43.9%, significantly better than January's ~19.4% increase. That temporary $50 price drop helped, and MS should seriously consider making it permanent.

I'll post more graphs later. I have to start getting ready for work.

Hehehe, it would seem then that its the PS4 that is currently tumbling down the cliff. Amazing the XBone is up YoY but its a bit too late for it to be playing catch up.