By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

I voiced a shared disappointment with its exclusive output. 

Yet I still praised it. Or did you not see the first sentences? 

I think you are a good member.

Except when I read your posts.

Is that praise?

The console can be good even if it doesn't have many exclusive. Can it not?

Now if that's something that is required for you to enjoy a console is another story.

Now since I expect your comment to not be entirely made up for example purpose, I'd respond by saying the feeling has been mutual since your "recent" fall from grace.

Around the Network
H3ADShOt3 said:
Hynad said:

I voiced a shared disappointment with its exclusive output. 

Yet I still praised it. Or did you not see the first sentences? 

Bickered about* 

I fixed it for you, you're welcome.

Right. 

Keep them coming guys.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

The console can be good even if it doesn't have many exclusive. Can it not?

Now if that's something that is required for you to enjoy a console is another story.

Now since I expect your comment to not be entirely made up for example purpose, I'd respond by saying the feeling has been mutual since your "recent" fall from grace.

Sure, the console can be good, but that's not the point. It's funny that you went from "good for everyone" to an exception right away. Sort of a backhanded compliment.

How you mention my "recent" fall from grace is pretty similar. You aren't bashing me because it cannot be seen without highlighting the spoiler text.

Kind of a backhanded compliment? That's one way to see it.

If it helps you know where I'm coming from, MS is partly responsible for one of my top games of the gen: Ori and the Blind Forest, and I'm eagerly anticipating its sequel, which I'll be playing on the XBox One X, the most technologically advanced console this gen. I'm only pointing out how a shame it is that MS didn't output as many such great titles this gen. Because they certainly can bring awesome stuff when they try. Is that better for you?

Last edited by Hynad - on 20 March 2018

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Kind of a backhanded compliment? That's one way to see it.

If it helps you know where I'm coming from, MS is partly responsible for one of my top games of the gen: Ori and the Blind Forest, and I'm eagerly anticipating its sequel, which I'll be playing on the XBox One X, the most technologically advanced console this gen. Is that better for you?

Not really, because your post implies that you believe that console ownership rules out backhanded compliments. It's like someone saying that they cannot possibly be bashing PlayStation consoles because they own them all and SOCOM was such a great series.

Right. It implies whatever you want to read.

I've stated countless times on VGC that I enjoy all of gaming's "big 3". You know that full well. So why would I need to argue over this with you?

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Right. It implies whatever you want to read.

I've stated countless times on VGC that I enjoy all of gaming's "big 3". You know that full well. So why would I need to argue over this with you?

Because you aren't above bickering.

For clarity's sake, my example earlier was made up.

I'm not above it. But that mention in my comment wasn't bickering. 

What we are currently doing is. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
RolStoppable said:

Because you aren't above bickering.

For clarity's sake, my example earlier was made up.

If you're admitting that you're not above it I don't know why you were telling people to do something better with their lives then. Yes, this is far from the most productive thing to be doing but many people come on here to get a relief from their personal life.

VGPolyglot said:
Hynad said:

If you're admitting that you're not above it I don't know why you were telling people to do something better with their lives then. Yes, this is far from the most productive thing to be doing but many people come on here to get a relief from their personal life.

yup he needs to get off his high horse.

Last edited by quickrick - on 20 March 2018

congratulation to sony, and cool seeing doing ps4 so good

Yet again, happy to see all 3 consoles doing great

That'll hopefully keep everyone at their toes going into next gen.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

And after May NPD?

labo will flop, and switch will flat line this year, and  that's if nintendo drops the price during the holidays

Lol you're giving PS4 owners (if that is what you are) a bad rap.

Switch just had the 2nd best 1st February ever only behind Wii. I can't see how that translates to losing momentum.

Intrinsic said:
RolStoppable said:

It's really not looking good for the PS4 though. The PS3's fifth February was bigger, and the PS3 wasn't a success.

Wow.......

Ok, gonna avoid getring sucked into whatever this is.

But just to point out something, after 7yrs on the market in NA (since thia is an NPD thread afterall) PS3 was at 29M.

At the PS4s fifth february (so in under 5yrs) the PS4 is at 25M. Yh, guess its really not looking good for the PS4 at all. 

The PS4 is on track to match PS one sales in NA (that took that console over 8yrs to hit) and will do it in aroind 7 to 8 years. There are only 4 consoles in history that has sold more than the PS1 in NA.......

And the PS4 is not even $199 yet. But yh...... its really not looking goos for the PS4.

I'm pretty sure Rol just wanted to show Rick how everything can be turned into something negative.

VGPolyglot said:
Hynad said:

You have obvious comprehension difficulties... I may not be above it, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous to see people argue over something this trivial and come up with spins to explain why this toy sold more or which one is somehow objectively better.

We should come together to celebrate gaming. Isn't that why such a forum is for? To share our passion and love for that hobby we all have in common? It's ok to downplay what others like in order to make what we like appear as superior? How is that constructive or serve the good of the community? 

Last edited by Hynad - on 20 March 2018