By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Boy Switch preorders 10 times higher than PS4

Never heard of the game but can’t say I’m surprised. Too much competition on the PS4 for smaller, unknown titles. And especially with PS+, you’d expect those types of games to be free. A bit like Rime.

Around the Network
Rab said:
Rafie said:

Red Dead 2 is confirmed for Switch?!

Could happen since everything is getting ported over :p 

Yeah, but a lot would have to be downgraded to be able to even function on the Switch. I do get the joke tho.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

revinit said:
All that says is that PS4 gamers don't want to play Monster Boy.

I'll bet that Red Dead 2 sells 5,000,000 times more on PS4.

But do you realize that 5,000,000 * 0 = 0? :P

Is a joke because that game is not on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Can't wait for this game. Loved the Wonderboy series.

Pinkie_pie said:
Seems like low budget games sell more on the switch than on ps4 and xbox one.

Based on your history, this comes off as a subtle jab.

Its more like retro-inspired games of the NES/SNES era are popular among Nintendo gamers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

ps4 is too full of shovelware and crap indies that actual good indies get drowned on the storefront.

Nintendo needs quality control, or else this will start happening on their Eshop too.

Nevertheless, congrats to Monster Boy and it's devs.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I'm not too surprised. There are a bevy of new PS4 releases whereas the Switch has more people searching the indies for something to play. The portability factor of a Switch is also big for these indie titles.

flashfire926 said:
ps4 is too full of shovelware and crap indies that actual good indies get drowned on the storefront.

Nintendo needs quality control, or else this will start happening on their Eshop too.

Nevertheless, congrats to Monster Boy and it's devs.

Or people are buying bigger games on PS4. Or playing Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank on PS+.

Why ?

Pinkie_pie said:
Mario plus rabbids isn't really a good example of third party. I want to see a third party game selling 1 million on the switch without them slapping marios face on their product

Rocket League, Stardew Valley, Overcooked, Skyrim and Minecraft will all be close to 1 million or past it already. Sonic Mania will probably get there as well eventually. 

Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch sold between five and ten times more than the Steam version according to the CEO of Image & Form. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides