By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 24 February 2018

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Oh shit, when is the deadline? I still haven't filed my American taxes.

The fisc is gonna get yo a** !

April 15th, so I have exactly one month.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

April 15th, so I have exactly one month.

Our's until the end of March so it's gonna be lit in April/May in Canada(Québec) !

Well, I have to file for Canadian federal taxes and Ontario provincial taxes too

Lawlight said:
duduspace1 said:

From Shadow's February Amazon thread, click on the link referencing a particular country Amazon site,  click on the Bestseller Archive links on the right, (its in the same place the US site's is) and then edit the URL as appropriate in the Address bar (where you see the Year). For example February 2017 would be 2017-02 and February 2018 would be 2018-02.

Got it. But it seems that the PS4 is out of stock on all EU Amazon sites.

No it is not, at least it isn't on the German site. Besides, if it were that would be odd because they have been very low (consistently out of the top 10 and ranging from top 20-40 and 40-60 range mostly through Q1. If they are out of stock, then that would be a supply issue. That is the only way I can explain being out of stock despite being low in the best seller rankings. Check the PS4 ranking for monthlies in 2018 and compare them with the respective months in 2017 and you will see what I mean. There is definitely a trend there.......no way from those trends is the PS4 doubling the Switch in Sales in Europe as current VGChartz figures suggest.

VGPolyglot said:
Mar1217 said:

Our's until the end of March so it's gonna be lit in April/May in Canada(Québec) !

Well, I have to file for Canadian federal taxes and Ontario provincial taxes too

You have to file in the US & Canada?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
VGPolyglot said:

You have to file in the US & Canada?

Yeah, I live in Canada and have Canadian citizenship, but since I have American citizenship too I also have to file there.

Around the Network

Seems like the PS4 is not giving up that 2:1 sales ratio over the XBox huh?
This entire gen and that ratio never shifted one bit, um I think next gen is going to be even harder for the XB brand. It’s clear at this point that MS can’t make any effective adjustments to better compete with Sony.
Last gen at this point the PS3 had already begun to flip the script.

OMG. PS4 lost in US.

duduspace1 said:
Lawlight said:

Got it. But it seems that the PS4 is out of stock on all EU Amazon sites.

No it is not, at least it isn't on the German site. Besides, if it were that would be odd because they have been very low (consistently out of the top 10 and ranging from top 20-40 and 40-60 range mostly through Q1. If they are out of stock, then that would be a supply issue. That is the only way I can explain being out of stock despite being low in the best seller rankings. Check the PS4 ranking for monthlies in 2018 and compare them with the respective months in 2017 and you will see what I mean. There is definitely a trend there.......no way from those trends is the PS4 doubling the Switch in Sales in Europe as current VGChartz figures suggest.

Unless of course Amazon isn’t representative of actual sales. We know Amazon US isn’t. Same thing with software. Bayonetta 2 is the best 5th best selling game in February on Amazon UK. We know it didn’t do very well though.

So, if you’re deducing that VGC’s numbers are incorrect based on Amazon then that would likely be incorrect.

zorg1000 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
can't wait for hardware numbers of the week where god of war will be released

Ya the game along with the Pro bundle should give it a nice boost.

Also interested in how Labo will affect Switch sales thst week.

i think labo will give the switch a nice boost, the interest for it is good, so is see good numbers too

fantastic showing for all three systems (and the 3ds still doing its thing)

Crazy how many PS4's sold in EU while Switch is doing great all over the globe.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive