By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Cheating in relationships

StarOcean said:
PSintend0 said:

People are not perfect and a girl kissed him while he was very drunk etc. so its not that black and white, however telling is probable better than feeling guilty and wandering when she is going to find out. And if they haven´t even talked on what is accepted and what is off limits then its even more on the grey area. For many just a quick kiss isn´t that big of a deal, but everyone is different. I woulnd´t be mad about that.

What is this jumbled up mess of word vomit trying to convey? Whatever message it is, it isn’t convincing.

Having a rough day? C'mon.....There was no part of that I didn't understand, and it's his second language.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Don't.

You made a mistake, it wasnt calculated, just move on, don't ever pass on your guilt by telling her, that would be selfish

From a biological perspective if people could get away with it no problem, almost everyone would "cheat", but that doesn't mean you don't love the one you're with

As you get older you'll understand that monogamy is BS, but deep love for a partner is the real deal, love for a child is the real deal, but romantic/sexualy love is transitory  

Last edited by Rab - on 15 March 2018

It's all fun and games until it happens to you. Then, you'll know what true pain really is and you'll feel like shit for doing it to other people. Believe me.

And you don't have to physically cheat. You can cheat with your heart. That's not as bad but don't act on it (*edit* what was I trying to say, here? Oh well...) I'd be just as hurt if the person I loved was in love with somebody else over the internet or something. Either way, she's not happy with me.

My advice, if you're not happy and you're not in love anymore, leave that other person alone. Don't waste their time and energy.

COKTOE said:
StarOcean said:

What is this jumbled up mess of word vomit trying to convey? Whatever message it is, it isn’t convincing.

Having a rough day? C'mon.....There was no part of that I didn't understand, and it's his second language.

It’s pretty obvious it isn’t his first

Btw: It wasn’t how he wrote it that made me say it -it was what was being argued. He had bad points and used them to attempt to refute what I said. Where you come from doesn’t prevent you from making a good point or at the very least one that isn’t easy to dismiss.

Last edited by StarOcean - on 15 March 2018

Around the Network
PSintend0 said:
StarOcean said:

1. People like you, me and everyone else are not perfect. People make mistakes.

2. He (the person who made this thread) said that he was drunk etc. and a girl kissed him.

3. He clearly feels bad for doing it and also for keeping it secret.

4. He should tell his girlfriend about what happened, instead of feeling bad and waiting for her to find it out.

5. Have they talked about boundaries and rules of their relationship, what is accepted and what isn´t? If not, then they definetely should do so! That could be a good moment come clean.

6. Many people would be okay with it. Many people can forgive that kind of mistake.

7. I would most likely forgive.

8. Its not the end of the world and he is not the worst person ever. Its not that black and white.

9. Did this clear things up?

10. The jumbled up mess of word vomit was convincing.

1-2 are not excuses.

3. He does not feel bad. He just doesnt want to be caught.

4. Yes

5. These are discussed early on in most relationships, shouldnt be starting now

6. Anecdotal; no evidence to support your claim

7. Again, anecdotal. That’s useless information unless you’re dating him

8. Never claimed any of those things

9. None of this is substantial to argue anything

10. Maybe if you’re drunk 

I'm just going to take it one step at a time, if she finds out, she finds out, I'll tell her it didn't mean anything and I honestly wasn't in control of the situation but looking over my back every few minutes isn't going to help and would waste my life force (yes, this thing is kinda draining).

It'll be messy and she'll probably leave me since she is very conservative. But I'll try my best for her to not to get to know about this because I'm kinda into her and I don't want such a meaningless thing that lasted for mere minutes to be taken out of context, blown to bombastic proportions and result in the end of a pretty good connection.

adisababa said:
I'm just going to take it one step at a time, if she finds out, she finds out, I'll tell her it didn't mean anything and I honestly wasn't in control of the situation but looking over my back every few minutes isn't going to help and would waste my life force (yes, this thing is kinda draining).

It'll be messy and she'll probably leave me since she is very conservative. But I'll try my best for her to not to get to know about this because I'm kinda into her and I don't want such a meaningless thing that lasted for mere minutes to be taken out of context, blown to bombastic proportions and result in the end of a pretty good connection.

Is that the kind of relationship you want though, one where you can't honest and upfront about things?

I cheated once, felt bad about it, and came clean pretty much immediately...
In retrospect, the only thing I regret was being in the relationship in the first place...
I lacked the maturity needed for a rewarding, fulfilling, intimate relationship and only agreed to be in it because I thought it would make sex more accessible...
It was with the first person with whom I had ever hooked up and I was still a teenager...
They were older than me and looking back, I'm glad I got out when I did because they engaged in a lot of seedy gaslighting behaviors and were very controlling; they would even let me know their last name...
I don't know what I was thinking...

Have a nice day...

adisababa said:

Can you help me and say how long have you dated, if you have or haven´t talked about boundaries of your relationship and do you feel bad about that mistake?

And how would you feel if you were in her place? If someone kissed her and she didn´t tell you about it.