By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 10): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - March 05-11, 2018

Pavolink said:
Great week for Switch. Let's see next week with Kirby if there's a bump.

I think next week also has a new Splatoon bundle so the combo of that and Kirby will give it 70k+.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Will Splatoon 2 benefit from the new DLC and spike up I wonder. Overal, yeah the Switch has found it's baseline. Going well though. MH went down faster than I expected. Could next week be the situation that MH goes below Splatoon 2 next week. Curious.

Pavolink said:
Great week for Switch. Let's see next week with Kirby if there's a bump.

This is guaranteed, I am projecting 60k to 70k based on Amazon trends.....Splatoon is guaranteed a bump too.

Next week for Switch we have Kirby and new Splatoon 2 bundles, so we can expect quite boost in sales for Switch (maybe 70k+) and Splatoon 2 also.

I think monster hunter world is suffering from ps4 shortages.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Will Splatoon 2 benefit from the new DLC and spike up I wonder. Overal, yeah the Switch has found it's baseline. Going well though. MH went down faster than I expected. Could next week be the situation that MH goes below Splatoon 2 next week. Curious.

Beacuse Kirby launch and new Splatoon 2 bundles, Switch will have boost in sales, so yeah its most likly that Splatoon 2 will take of MH.

OTBWY said:

MH right now is ahead of splat2 including digital. Figure about a 900k digital as the ceiling (probably around 775k-850k) and MH is at 2.7mil-2.8mil right now sold. Splat2 with digital (150k+ at minimum) is at 2.25mil. 

Both will have legs no doubt splat2 going to close the gap starting next week by a good amount.

If the Switch continues to sell this well in Japan, it could sell more than 3 millions this year only, which would make it close to PS4 numbers

Bizarre how we are still seeying Xenoverse 2 on Switch charting even after Fighterz on PS4 launched and left the top 20.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Stuart23 said:
Bizarre how we are still seeying Xenoverse 2 on Switch charting even after Fighterz on PS4 launched and left the top 20.

It was not a smart decision to leave Fighterz off the switch. They won't make that same mistake next time.