By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Stephen Hawking has Died at 76

ah. one of the last few genuinely smart people on the planet.

wait for this to somehow turn into a Sony vs Microsoft thread

Around the Network

I'm surprised he held on for so long. Good for him and good for humanity. Someone else will have to pick up the slack now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

His contributions to science were immense. But everyone dies. He had to die as well at some point. Instead of mourning his death, let's celebrate his life and legacy as he does his final experiment in what happens after you die if anything.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

A great loss to the world. RIP

Hmm, pie.

One of the greatest minds of our time.

D.E.P.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Terrible loss, nothing but respect for the man.

R.I.P

This took me by surprise.He seemed so energetic given his condition that it seemed that he would never die.This is truly sad.

Rest in peace Professor

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

He was expected to die at age 15-25.

Let's celebrate that he stayed with us this long.

I LOVE ICELAND!

forest-spirit said:
What sad news to wake up to. And on Pi day of all days!

I guess it's kind of fitting he died on Pi day? Least he's counting in heaven (or wherever else) right now.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Amazing man, showed a positive side of what we humans are capable of despite significant challenges. What a brilliant mind capable of living meaningfully despite physical incapacity. Would have loved to meet him in person too.