By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Update Version 5.0.0 is out!

PSA

Don’t forget to update your Joy-Cons.

For me this wasn’t done automatically. My guess is it has to be done manually on all systems

Around the Network

I just noticed that’s they have a Wii-style display by clicking “All Software” It might have been there earlier and I didn’t notice.

It’s weird that people are complaining about a QOL update. Do you want Nintendo to delay all their QOL and bug fixing stuff until they have some grand new feature update? I don’t see the sense in that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
I just noticed that’s they have a Wii-style display by clicking “All Software” It might have been there earlier and I didn’t notice.

It’s weird that people are complaining about a QOL update. Do you want Nintendo to delay all their QOL and bug fixing stuff until they have some grand new feature update? I don’t see the sense in that.

It's definitely not weird that people are complaining about the continued lack of basic features. Save back-ups and messaging friends aren't grand new features lol.

Pretty boring update

Waiting for themes and a proper activity log

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Pretty boring update

Waiting for themes and a proper activity log

I want the activity log, too.

Around the Network
Asriel said:
I mean, these are all fine, logical additions, but there are two areas Nintendo really should be working on as a priority:

1) Save back-ups, whether to a micro SD or to the cloud.
2) the eShop's storefront

Point 1 is basic functionality that users should have in this day and age, and the second becomes a bigger priority every week. I love how snappy Switch's UI is (and how snappy the eShop is), but at times there are 20 new releases a week, making visibility a real problem. More categories and tailoring the eShop to each person's account ("recommended for you", "genres you like" etc) would be good steps.

Really, this.

I have about $11 I need to spend on the eShop and I can't even find the good games amongst the poop. It's a mess and a chore to navigate.

Mar1217 said:

SpawnWave would probably disagree with some of you :P

Wow... ok so 5.0.0 i BIG NEWS :( Bye Bye NES-SNES emulator;)

Mar1217 said:

SpawnWave would probably disagree with some of you :P

Watched that video yesterday. Good for Nintendo, I guess.