By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Guardian article: "How video games are fuelling the rise of the far right"

Is this real life?

I want to believe 2 10.53%

Dialectical materialism s... 17 89.47%

Total:19

http://archive.is/Tb0lh

The second sentence is gold.

Around the Network

Tell me this is not serious. This can’t be. It’s an april fools joke, right? Right?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

They are wrong, the far left is fueling the far right

Yeah, that's pretty silly. It's the perspective of someone looking to fit everything in the world into their agenda.

I mean, Missile Commander is literally you shooting destructive missiles out of the sky. That's "border control"? What, is it supposed to be racist against warheads? Should there be a Dreamer program for bombs?

Jesus Christ. Is this for real?

I mean, I spent 16 hours this weekend slaying demons and monsters who had invaded sovereign Greece, and yet I'm pretty darn left-of-center when it comes to immigration and refugees.

I've also fired a billion bullets in video games over the last 30 years, but I don't even like being in the same room as a real gun.

I know I'm just a single case study, but, come on. The thesis of this article is a huge stretch, and it ignores the wonderfully diverse population of video game enthusiasts.

Around the Network

Games are as broad in culture as any other medium. Could just as easily state literature is fueling a political movement.

That's indeed pretty bad.

However, it must be noted that this is an opinion piece by an assistant professor called Alfie Bown, so this article doesn't attempt to be neutral and doesn't represent The Guardian's views on this matter.

So essentially what they say is that aliens and mutants are radical left wing. Hmm. Proof?

Ouch.. My brain >_<

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

How does "Restoration of natural harmony" relate to the Alt Right in any shape or form? Do these people believe Pepe the Frog is one of Sonic's friends? XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.