By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Black Panther sucked!

Its a movie about people with powers and voodoo, doesnt need to make sense just engage the coolness you cracker

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
John2290 said:
Misleading thread title but thank god someone said it, I thought we weren't allowed to say it cause of racism or something, it's a pretty mundane Marvel movie, nothing at all special or note worthy. Getting that off my chest feels so good.

Lol. The "White Man" was there to save the day when all was said and done.

Which brings me to another problem I had. Why in the world was this dude allowed to walk around after they fixed him? Keep him blindfolded. He was walking around the main room asking questions and she was answering. Why??????? At this point you either kill him. Keep him there forever. Or let your secret out.

He was a terrible character. Man, there was no reason for him to be in the movie other than to have a white dude there.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

d21lewis said:
GameOverture said:
the thing about killmonger's father is that he didn't betray wakanda for personal gain, he did it to spark a revolution after living in the ghetto and seeing what was happening to black people while wakanda was doing nothing.

A lot of these seem like nitpicks that could apply to most other superhero movies, but yeah, I agree with some (especially with the whole vibranium is overpowered stuff)

They mostly are nitpicks. I had a great time and really enjoyed the film. It's probably in my top five superhero films of all time. Almost cried a couple of times because it stirred up emotions in me that I can't even explain.

Really glad you liked it! And I appreciate the winking OP. One could find plot holes in almost any movie if he or she looks hard enough, but it begs the question: why look hard enough?

That said, Black Panther did leave me a little cold. There are flashes of greatness in it, but I think the uneven pacing and disjointed story structure hold it back; I feel like the producers tried to cram Black Panther 1 and 2 into 135 minutes, and that just doesn't work. Plus, the compositing was pretty awful and some of the action was either clumsy or incoherent.

I have a feeling Black Panther 2 will be much better.

kirby007 said:
Its a movie about people with powers and voodoo, doesnt need to make sense just engage the coolness you cracker

But... I'm black! Aren't I?

*Checks mirror*

Aww, man.

d21lewis said:
kirby007 said:

*Checks mirror*

Aww, man.

Could have fooled me i didnt notice any kfc tweets

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Wakandan society had the similar suspension of disbelief can experience with alien races in Star Trek. The Klingons achieved FTL travel and colonized space and yet still engage in ritual combat and have warring families.

The economy makes little sense unless vibranium is the explanation of how an isolated landlocked country has the resources to be at roughly hundred years advanced tech.

Killmonger's father was a traitor in the sense he differed with his brother on Wakanda's role in the world. He felt they should help black Africans all around the globe. He was vindicated in a sense as resolves with Wakanda sharing with entire world their knowledge, so by Avengers 5 every major city on Earth should have future tech.

I know it doesn't really matter, but on Marvel Earth if Killmonger thought he'd take over or change the world when have Avengers super heroes around. The escalation issue makes such plans seem a bit difficult.

kirby007 said:
d21lewis said:

*Checks mirror*

Aww, man.

Could have fooled me i didnt notice any kfc tweets

Before anyone gets bent out of shape. It was a joke.

Do we need a Black Panther 2?

Don't have time for all that, but king t'challa was too old to be the BP. So, he started initiating his son into the role. The ritual would only happen once he was to become king, but he could eat the fruit for powers before. It's what i think makes sense.

I wondered about #1 definitely. I also didn't understand why his friend abandoned him for some random dude so easily.

I think you are seeing it with a comic book readers eye, like I do with most these things.

As in painfully and wondering why they changed the origin of Drax or Rocket Racoon? Why Ego the Living planet had a fight within himself as a 'body' instead of just you know being the planet? Made Ultron a product of the ego of Tony Stark instead of the gilt of Hank Pym? And where the heck is Wonderman? Vision needs his mind.

Hmm, pie.