By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita Pro (Switch-ish)

Tagged games:

PS VIta Pro

Would buy. 9 23.68%

Might buy. 5 13.16%

Wouldn't buy. 13 34.21%

Your ideas are bad, and you should feel bad. 11 28.95%

Total:38
Lafiel said:
if Sony makes another handheld that's not a straight up smartphone it should be a portable PS4 that plays all PS4 games

imagine how many people would switch to digital only, wow.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

It would be nice, but Sony's record with support is not good, so no

Train wreck said:
No need, Sony was able to successfully get all the major non-Nintendo handheld games back to consoles so the need of another handheld from them is no longer warranted.

Wouldn't that mean this is the perfect time for a handheld that can play that new library of handheld games?

At this point even I would have a hard time getting a Vita Pro. Without 4G, PS Vue, PS Music, PS Video, PS Now, Communities, The Activity Feed, and the rest of the PSN features I would not have any interest in it. 

If Sony wants to re-enter the Mobile space they need to dump Xperia and Android and deliver an Ecosystem built around the foundation they have layed with PS4. Unified OS, Unified Services, Unified Apps, Unified Games Library. That is the only way they can re-enter the Handheld space and ever have any hope of carving out a small segment in the Mobile space. Vita and Xperia are dead platforms.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

The only Sony's handheld that could sell, would be PS4 portable. And if that's even possible to make, I'd buy it.

Sony tried to compete with Nintendo in handhelds and got smocked like a salmon. They learned their lesson and are sticking to what they're great at, home consoles. Any idea of a handheld is just wishful thinking.

Around the Network

I got a PSTV and I was excited to play my Vita games on a TV. Turns out, I didn't enjoy it much at all. The games were good for portable but not so hot as a full experience, in my opinion. Better performance wouldn't change my opinion.

The biggest problem with the Vita wasn't power. It was a pretty dang powerful handheld when it launched. The problem is support. At this point Sony is not releasing games anymore for the system and big thirds moved on, and also the small thirds are also starting to move on to support the Switch. A new piece of hardware does not interest me if you don't give games to it, if they release a new handheld and give the same support they gave the PSP, then you can consider me as a costumer.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Train wreck said:
No need, Sony was able to successfully get all the major non-Nintendo handheld games back to consoles so the need of another handheld from them is no longer warranted.

I can only think of Monster Hunter but that had a Wii U game. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kristof81 said:
The only Sony's handheld that could sell, would be PS4 portable. And if that's even possible to make, I'd buy it.

The major problem is power consumption/battery technology and without a grand leap forwards in those areas it's probably not a good idea.

With 7nm manufacturing it might be possible to get consumption (including additional components a HH needs, like screen/speakers etc) to about 50W (the PS4 Slim has a peak draw of ~90W and it's APU is made with the 16nm process). In comparison the Switch is at ~9W max consumption in hh mode and already is critized quite a bit for only offering a bit more then 2h battery life in demanding games.

A makeshift solution might be to include ~30min battery life in the hypothetical PS4portable itself and shipping it with a power bank that you can wear on your body without too much of a hassle, but I doubt the public would be all too receptive of that.

I would buy just for collection purposes probably.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."