By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita Pro (Switch-ish)

Tagged games:

PS VIta Pro

Would buy. 9 23.68%

Might buy. 5 13.16%

Wouldn't buy. 13 34.21%

Your ideas are bad, and you should feel bad. 11 28.95%

Total:38

Releasing a game-system with no intention of supporting it with 1st party exclusive software is ridiculous, and Sony has shown that they have no intention of supporting a handheld at the first sign of struggle

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
SKMBlake said:
Just like PSTV then

PSTV requires a tv. This would be a handheld with a tv-docking options (see the Nintendo Switch).

So a hybrid, not a handheld?We already have the Switch for that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm fine with the Switch as spiritual Vita successor which has adapted most parts I love about the Vita plus strong first party support.

And Sony can focus its resources on PS4 plus PSVR, supporting a third platform wouldn't work well anyways.

The market would be pretty dang small for something like that...

Wasn't the Vita already a lot more powerful than the 3DS, that is the reason the Vita failed is not because it wasn't powerful enough, so releasing a more powerful Vita isn't going to fix it's problems.

If someone at Sony mentioned this idea at a meeting they deserved to be fired on the spot

Around the Network

vita failed due to total lack of first party support and big third party support. mostly because it was released 2-3 years late.

If Sony actually puts a decent line up and support for at least 2-3 years regardless of sales, then I would buy it in a heart beat. Also make the memory Micro SD and not some in house overpriced crap like they did with the Vita. It's been 6-7 years since the release date and the price for a 16 GB storage is still $40. Get real Sony.

I'd buy it. I never mind a system that can play PS1 games :P

if Sony makes another handheld that's not a straight up smartphone it should be a portable PS4 that plays all PS4 games

No need, Sony was able to successfully get all the major non-Nintendo handheld games back to consoles so the need of another handheld from them is no longer warranted.