By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bold Prediction: God of War will ship 5m+ on its first quarter

Will it?

Yes 16 48.48%

No 10 30.30%

It will be close anyway 7 21.21%

Total:33

Considering all factors, I'm expecting this GoW to not only be the best selling in the series, but also to do it very quickly. The factors are:

1- PS4's install base is huge: Near 80m by the time the  game drops

2- Games attach rate is also high

3- It's a reboot , therefore looks fresh and seems to be going to a direction that is pleasing most fans (I've honestly read much more positive comments than negative ones) and it also aligns with some moderns tendences

4- Sony is marketing well their biggest games, some of them did really big numbers (Uncharted and Horizon comes to mind)

5- Bundles

What do you think guys?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

What do I think?

It is not bold.

Crazy bold is my 15 Million LF sales of it prediction

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

tag

Tmfwang said:
Crazy bold is my 15 Million LF sales of it prediction

It's not crazy bold, just bold. Matching the best selling games of the series in 3 months is already a big feat to be proud of.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

If Uncharted 4 can go on to sell around 12 million + copies, then I see no reason why God of War can't be the top seller in it's franchise, especially in an age where PS exclusives are selling extremely well.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

should be possible, when it will get good critics it can reach high sales

Yeah it will sell a lot, i think 9M LT is a safe bet, but it's actually a direct sequel to the greek trilogy not a reboot, they just changed the gameplay

DialgaMarine said:
If Uncharted 4 can go on to sell around 12 million + copies, then I see no reason why God of War can't be the top seller in it's franchise, especially in an age where PS exclusives are selling extremely well.

Uncharted 4 did 8.7m on its first 9 months, so GoW doing 5m on its first 3, and outside of holidays, is not something easy or guaranteed. But I'm pretty confident it will too.

raulbalarezo said:
Yeah it will sell a lot, i think 9M LT is a safe bet, but it's actually a direct sequel to the greek trilogy not a reboot, they just changed the gameplay

I mean debut as in something that looks fresh and different.