By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Super Smash Bros "Switch" Will Sell 20mil+ Lifetime. (10mil by years end)

TruckOSaurus said:
tbone51 said:

Let me "open your eyes". SMO a 3d mario who biggest y1 previously was i believe galaxy or 3dl. Games did about 5mil-6mil each. SMO did 9.1mil.

Ssb for 3ds+wiiu did 9mil first year together

There's a lot of double dipping in the 3DS + WiiU numbers. I know a lot of people on here bought both versions.

Very true, but even that smo arguement is still valid :p

We shall see but i was just pointing out that its not impossible"!

Around the Network

I want to actually see the game before I make any predictions. Right now it feels like a shot in the dark on a target that is constantly moving.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Barkley said:
I'm not going to say no. But I would like to know why you think it will sell 20m+

The answer is obvious, Barkley: he's tbone. 

Nice bold prediction

Like usual, I'll say no.. I'm thinking 10-15M

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Not going to bet against you. Just gonna see it closely: if you lose I'll laugh, but if you win I'm going to be certain it was because BotW Link is in it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Well, I'd say you reached your goal now.

Another right prediction from tbone! Next stop, 25M: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/236948/bold-prediction-super-smash-bros-ultimate-currently-1768mil-will-sell-over-25mil-ww-lifetime-book-it/

Also:

TruckOSaurus said:
10 million by year's end is pretty much impossible since it will probably launch as a holiday title. 20m could be achievable but I'm gonna go with 15m myself.

You were saying?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 08 August 2020

haha awesome that everyone basically said no way and now here we are only half way through Switch's life cycle and it is at 20 million already.

35 million is likely. If Switch successor comes out Spring 2024, that leaves 15 quarters before then. If it sells 1 million average per quarter which seems like a conservative estimate that gets it to 35 million. Throw in the fact that it'll probably average a bit more than a million a quarter when considering holidays, and that it will still sell a bit after the next-Nintendo comes out, 40 million is possible. My guess is it will finish up at 38 million.