By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will sell more God of War or Sea of Thieves ?

Which game will sell better?

God of War 181 85.38%

Sea of Thieves 27 12.74%

Too close to call 4 1.89%

Total:212
DonFerrari said:

Azzanation said:

No I don't think his boring, I think what he wrote wasn't a true indication on what he was trying to say. He claimed the game as boring, when all he needed to do was write that his no fan of online games.

That's like me saying the Witcher is boring because I don't like RPG games.. (That was an example, don't take that part serious, I love the Witcher)

Yes sure, you haven't said that people that find games like SoT boring are boring people.

I think Witcher is boring, what is the problem? Another person may think it isn't, that isn't any issue at all, just different taste, not an indicative of defect on the person.

How do you claim a game boring when you haven't played the game yet? So they assume the game is boring? That would make better sense than placing it as a fact.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 16 March 2018

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes sure, you haven't said that people that find games like SoT boring are boring people.

I think Witcher is boring, what is the problem? Another person may think it isn't, that isn't any issue at all, just different taste, not an indicative of defect on the person.

How do you claim a game boring when you haven't played the game yet? So they assume the game is boring? That would make better sense than placing it as a fact.

If you have played other games that had a similar premise (like me with FPS) and don't like them, it's reasonable to have low expectation for it, or to consider that they are probably equally boring.

And how do you claim he and go to generalize that most that think like him are boring since you also don't know them? Or you use different standard when it is with you?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

If you have played other games that had a similar premise (like me with FPS) and don't like them, it's reasonable to have low expectation for it, or to consider that they are probably equally boring.

And how do you claim he and go to generalize that most that think like him are boring since you also don't know them? Or you use different standard when it is with you?

1st of all, he claimed the game offered unlimited boredom. That's claiming. When its all an assumption. 

2nd, Don't rate something you haven't played, if you want to assume that's fine but make sure you word it like an assumption.

3rd, Don like usual you are taking this way too personal. If he has an issue with what I said than he can reply to my posts, no need for you to hold his hand.

4th, I have played many MMO games that are bad and played only a couple that are really good. I don't set my standards low and start criticising and throwing out claims that a game is boring unless iv actually played it. If that's what you like to do than so be it. 

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

1st of all, he claimed the game offered unlimited boredom. That's claiming. When its all an assumption. 

2nd, Don't rate something you haven't played, if you want to assume that's fine but make sure you word it like an assumption.

3rd, Don like usual you are taking this way too personal. If he has an issue with what I said than he can reply to my posts, no need for you to hold his hand.

4th, I have played many MMO games that are bad and played only a couple that are really good. I don't set my standards low and start criticising and throwing out claims that a game is boring unless iv actually played it. If that's what you like to do than so be it. 

1) Sure it is an assumption, and you have made some over here and in several threads... like the 400M profit Halo did.

2) Don't rate a person you don't know, also you don't need to play something to say you won't like. Seeing the news about it and seeing videos of it can help you knowing that.

3) You do personal insults and then say others are taking it personally.... sure.

4) If you had played several and liked none then you would expect a new one to be good? Nope, you wouldn't.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LudicrousSpeed said:
Destiny is another good example. That game has no business being played for more than 30 or so hours in order to experience all the content and max out your character, but people play for hundreds of hours because of the social factor. Sea of Thieves can potentially be the same kind of game.

They’re giving it away in Game Pass, so sales are pretty much irrelevant now and will be worthless to track. They’re going to rely on expansions and DLC to make the game profitable. In two years SoT could still be going strong, or it could get Project Spark’d/MAG’d. But two years from now we know the new God of War will be history, barring some type of Breath of the Wild tier masterpiece.

Destiny has character progression though.... and like loot/item drops, and ways to better your character... plus theres story there, so you ll feel your moveing towards something, even if thats just endgame and tougher boss fights ect.

Sea of theives has no character progression or story mode, nothing to work towards, except a few cosmetic changes.
Its a empty sandbox world, where you team up with your friends to do small missions over and over again.

You cant really compair the two.
Destiny I can see a reason that can be played for 100's of hours.
I cant with Sea of theives, I dont think most that buy it will end up spending 100+ hours on it.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

just let it go man.....youre banging your head on a brick wall. JRPGfan will always find a way to shit on Xbox. There is no point in replying.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

JRPGfan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Destiny is another good example. That game has no business being played for more than 30 or so hours in order to experience all the content and max out your character, but people play for hundreds of hours because of the social factor. Sea of Thieves can potentially be the same kind of game.

They’re giving it away in Game Pass, so sales are pretty much irrelevant now and will be worthless to track. They’re going to rely on expansions and DLC to make the game profitable. In two years SoT could still be going strong, or it could get Project Spark’d/MAG’d. But two years from now we know the new God of War will be history, barring some type of Breath of the Wild tier masterpiece.

Destiny has character progression though.... and like loot/item drops, and ways to better your character... plus theres story there, so you ll feel your moveing towards something, even if thats just endgame and tougher boss fights ect.

Sea of theives has no character progression or story mode, nothing to work towards, except a few cosmetic changes.
Its a empty sandbox world, where you team up with your friends to do small missions over and over again.

You cant really compair the two.
Destiny I can see a reason that can be played for 100's of hours.
I cant with Sea of theives, I dont think most that buy it will end up spending 100+ hours on it.

Should have kept bolding my post, I know there are progression and story. That’s why I said “max out your character” and “experience all the content”. But neither of those take any time at all, and after that you’re left with replaying the same content again and again and again and again IF you want to maybe find a weapon or equipment you haven’t gotten yet. 

Sea of Thieves has progression, both with your character rank (you need to hit Pirate Legend to access the end game apparently) as well as ranks and progression through the different trading companies, leveling up to get tougher quests with better rewards. You don’t seem to know much about SoT, which is fine, but do read up on it if you want to talk about it :)

i doubt most people who get SoT will play for 100+ hours, too. I doubt most Destiny players play for 100+ hours.

I think SoT will overall have more playtime put into it haha but with Game Pass and being new IP not likely. GoW is just being pushed so hard as well being a multiple title series I really don't see SoT getting any where close.

I also forgot about the 'Message in a Bottle' mechanic. There are bottles containing messages that you find half buried on the beach. These give you quests or treasure hunts, opening new locations not found on the world map. Since these bottles are not marked, you have to seek them out by sight.

Seventizz said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats the thing right there, I said the issue its me. I dont find social games interesting. I never play anything in multiplayer aside from some couch multiplayer. There are many people like me, just like there are many like you. SO I wanna know where do you come from by calling gamers who dont like what you like boring.  

Ah, so you don't like online multiplayer player games to begin with.  You should probably state that first instead of just calling them boring.

I think my comment caused a bit of a fuss to some. Sorry but I work and sleep so could not answer.

What I said about unlimited boredom was not meant at sea of thieves. But of the value proposition you mentioned before. That I would pay more for a shorter better game, than for a unlimited social game. Just trying to say that unlimited game length for me has no value. I dint mean for it to sound as I was dissing sea of thieves. While it does look boring to me, I have not played it or even looked into it as its not my type of game.

I thought it was clear. If it still isn't... oh well, I don't care anymore. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.