By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octo Expansion coming to Splatoon 2 this summer; playable Octolings, new campaign

PSintend0 said:
People give splatoons single player campaign too little credit

I've always felt this. They may not be particularly lengthy but they're fun romps with well designed levels and lots of variety.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
PSintend0 said:
People give splatoons single player campaign too little credit

I've always felt this. They may not be particularly lengthy but they're fun romps with well designed levels and lots of variety.

I liked the single player campaign and am about halfway through getting all the hero replicas.  The weakest thing I found was the final boss. In the original Splatoon the final boss was a challenge for me, in this one he is a joke (revolves entirely around the lack of platforming).

The_Yoda said:
curl-6 said:

I liked the single player campaign and am about halfway through getting all the hero replicas.  The weakest thing I found was the final boss. In the original Splatoon the final boss was a challenge for me, in this one he is a joke (revolves entirely around the lack of platforming).

Yeah I will confess the final boss was much better in the first game. That said, I still think Splatoon 2 makes up for this in other areas, like being able to use a range of different weapons instead of just the Hero Shot. I'm not really a multiplayer guy and I felt the campaigns of both games made them worth buying. Went back and replayed my favourite levels many times.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 09 March 2018

Some new info and screens on the Octo Expansion, translated from the Japanese Splatoon twitter by Siliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/12/splatoon-2s-pearl-marina-will-help-skip-levels-octo-expansion/

Most of it we already knew, like 80+ levels and your allies being Pearl, Marina, and Cap'n Cuttlefish, but a new tidbit is that if you get stuck you can request help from Pearl and Marina to skip stages. New tracks from Off the Hook will also be featured.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 March 2018

curl-6 said:

Some new info and screens on the Octo Expansion, translated from the Japanese Splatoon twitter by Siliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/12/splatoon-2s-pearl-marina-will-help-skip-levels-octo-expansion/

Most of it we already knew, like 80+ levels and your allies being Pearl, Marina, and Cap'n Cuttlefish, but a new tidbit is that if you get stuck you can request help from Pearl and Marina to skip stages. New tracks from Off the Hook will also be featured.

Some of these stages look nuts.  Also like that the playable octoling race is uniquely designed and not just inklings with octoling hair.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Some of these stages look nuts.  Also like that the playable octoling race is uniquely designed and not just inklings with octoling hair.

I like how the new levels have a retro theme with all the old computer parts, cassette tapes, Gamecubes, etc.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

I like how the new levels have a retro theme with all the old computer parts, cassette tapes, Gamecubes, etc.

Gamecubes? I thought those were purple lunch boxes ...

I wonder if Nintendo will end up releasing "Complete Editions" of their games down the line, I'm probably not going to get the game for now just in case.

VGPolyglot said:
I wonder if Nintendo will end up releasing "Complete Editions" of their games down the line, I'm probably not going to get the game for now just in case.

The single player is good but the multiplayer is where it is at. 

On a title like this it would be akin to waiting on the next Call of Duty to come out before buying the current one.  You run  the risk of the number of active p;layers dropping if you wait too long. 

This title in particular matches player skill levels within lobbies on Salmon Run,  Ranked and League modes so match making could be more problematic down the line than it would be on an old COD with a diminished  player base.

Long to short - this might not be the title to wait on a complete edition even though it would normally make financial sense.

Anyone disagree with me on that?

The_Yoda said:
VGPolyglot said:

The single player is good but the multiplayer is where it is at. 

On a title like this it would be akin to waiting on the next Call of Duty to come out before buying the current one.  You run  the risk of the number of active p;layers dropping if you wait too long. 

This title in particular matches player skill levels within lobbies on Salmon Run,  Ranked and League modes so match making could be more problematic down the line than it would be on an old COD with a diminished  player base.

Long to short - this might not be the title to wait on a complete edition even though it would normally make financial sense.

Anyone disagree with me on that?

I agree. Buy it now.

Is there a complete edition on zelda breath of the wild?

Also its fun to keep playing as new free content is still rolling on and online is still free. Being a great game also helps :D