By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octo Expansion coming to Splatoon 2 this summer; playable Octolings, new campaign

The music in the trailer was FANTASTIC!!! It does feel like these will be the last content that will be added in Splatoon 2 (as it approaches 1 year of it being out).

I will most likely will not buy it. I wasn't in to the single player, and I have been controlling myself on not buying "skins" in games.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Oh boy, if my daughter sees this later after school, boy oh boy.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

With the timing of this DLC being announced, Splatoon 2 might’ve been a 2018 release instead of 2017. I guess they stuck with Splatoon 1’s update formula to carry the sequel since it’s summer release in 2017. And even then, the update in the fall was big enough to deserve being considered a sequel (Clam Blitz). I’m excited nonetheless!

Honestly, I'd rather play as a classic Octoling instead of that new design.

For an instant, when I first read the thread's title, I thought there was going to be Octopath Traveler content being added to the game.

Around the Network

I for one welcome DeviantArt into this discussion.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

curl-6 said:

Honestly, this was the only interesting/good thing about the direct for me. 

I really enjoyed Splatoon 2's campaign, so more of that might be the thing that makes me take my Switch out of the cupboard where it's been sitting since Xenoblade 2.

On the subject of XC2, I know you were worried New Game + would necessitate fighting the final boss again to unlock it, but it's actually an option you can select on the main screen if you have a completed save file.  

And I also thought the Splatoon 2 campaign was really good so yeah, more is great.  And given all the maps, weapons, and outfits they've given away for free, I'll happily pay for this.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Honestly, this was the only interesting/good thing about the direct for me. 

I really enjoyed Splatoon 2's campaign, so more of that might be the thing that makes me take my Switch out of the cupboard where it's been sitting since Xenoblade 2.

On the subject of XC2, I know you were worried New Game + would necessitate fighting the final boss again to unlock it, but it's actually an option you can select on the main screen if you have a completed save file.  

And I also thought the Splatoon 2 campaign was really good so yeah, more is great.  And given all the maps, weapons, and outfits they've given away for free, I'll happily pay for this.

Very pleased to hear that. :) I'll probably revisit it in a couple of years, I like to do that, give myself some time to semi-forget a game I liked, then rediscover it. I reckon I'll enjoy my second playthrough more than my first, I often do.

The Direct did say the expansion has 80 test facilities, so assuming each one is a little bite-sized level, that sounds like pretty good value for $20. 4 levels to the dollar! ;)

Untill now i was able to trust Nintendo on delivering good content for payed DLC. I don't think this be different for Splatoon 2.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I am very pleased that we get this. And knowing Nintendo it will probably be worth paying for. Nice looking octolings and a great vibe in that trailer. People give splatoons single player campaign too little credit, but great that Nintendo doesn´t.