By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros coming to Switch in 2018

Kai_Mao said:
Wyrdness said:

Link no longer has his tether grab, the game is also a lot more aggressive and significantly faster in pace.

It's kinda crazy to see, based on the gameplay I've seen from the Treehouse and Invitational, that it looks and plays so different from Wii U/3DS.

The speed, the aggression, etc. I cannot wait!!

Yeah it's very different where as S4 was tactical defence while Ulitmate is strategic but with bursts of aggression in quick succession it's not Melee level aggression as your opponent has options but they're counter aggression options instead of defensive ones.

Around the Network

From the introduction of ridley I’ve gotten my hopes up for a SSE like campaign/story mode.

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

Yeah it's very different where as S4 was tactical defence while Ulitmate is strategic but with bursts of aggression in quick succession it's not Melee level aggression as your opponent has options but they're counter aggression options instead of defensive ones.

The way I see it it's basically Smash 4's version of Melee. As in, it's fast, it's aggressive, but ultimately it still plays a little bit like Smash 4. Nintendo wants to unite the fanbases together in one game, and that won't happen, but this game will please everyone who plays Smash 4 for sure.

Edit: might I add, regarding the Zelda post above, she still looks ass. Ah well, I guess you can never expect her to be any good in a Smash game.

The Melee fan base are overall too much of purists for that to happen but what this will do is going forward it will cause most newcomers and the majority of people who play Smash to go for the new game. I think the 66 character roster may actually be the biggest in any fighting game by quite a margin as well.

Wyrdness said:
mZuzek said:

The way I see it it's basically Smash 4's version of Melee. As in, it's fast, it's aggressive, but ultimately it still plays a little bit like Smash 4. Nintendo wants to unite the fanbases together in one game, and that won't happen, but this game will please everyone who plays Smash 4 for sure.

Edit: might I add, regarding the Zelda post above, she still looks ass. Ah well, I guess you can never expect her to be any good in a Smash game.

The Melee fan base are overall too much of purists for that to happen but what this will do is going forward it will cause most newcomers and the majority of people who play Smash to go for the new game. I think the 66 character roster may actually be the biggest in any fighting game by quite a margin as well.

The biggest roster goes to a game for the ps1 called tobal 2, it has a roster of 200 characters. Apart from that there are a few dragon ball and naruto games with over a 100 characters.

But those games tend to be made up of massive amounts of clones.

Did anyone expect this game to come until Dec? I was betting on Sep alongside the online.
Anyway, after reading your posts I can be sure to not be the only one that saw faster gameplay. And with that artstyle, reminds me of Melee.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Did anyone expect this game to come until Dec? I was betting on Sep alongside the online.
Anyway, after reading your posts I can be sure to not be the only one that saw faster gameplay. And with that artstyle, reminds me of Melee.

I was betting October myself but that was with FE assumed for December.

Pavolink said:

Same, I expected Yoshi for August, Smash for September, Mario Party for October, Pokemon for November, and Fire Emblem for December. That would have been killer.

Ljink96 said:
Pavolink said:

Same, I expected Yoshi for August, Smash for September, Mario Party for October, Pokemon for November, and Fire Emblem for December. That would have been killer.

Yoshi got delayed to 2019.

Ice Climbers can no longer chain grab you like in previous games but their normal are much better.

Pavolink said:

I'm pretty sure they delayed from their original goal. Launching this alongside their online fee was the best possible scenario for them, but I'm sure the game is simply too big to release it in a couple of months, so they will take half a year to debug and test it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.