By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo Direct - 03/08/18!

Out of 10

10 47 23.27%

9 49 24.26%

8 36 17.82%

7 28 13.86%

6 18 8.91%

5 6 2.97%

4 5 2.48%

3 5 2.48%

2 3 1.49%

1 5 2.48%

Total:202

There's an option missing in the poll.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
The_Liquid_Laser said: 

I think they are going to be disappointed with their hardware sales.

What exactly are disappointing hardware sales, anything less than 20m? Also, I hope you're not thinking 2017's line-up will have no further impact on hardware sales. The Switch so far this year is keeping above 200k a week, yet no new game has released, so that can only mean Mario/Zelda/Splatoon/etc. are still selling systems. Naturally it's only gonna go up from here once games start releasing regularly again.

Disappointing sales = significantly below forecast.  Whatever official forecast they give, it will be several million below it.

Mario/Zelda/Splatoon are still helping them now, but they won't move hardware forever.

zorg1000 said:

You and others need to realize what Directs are for, they are primarily used to highlight what is coming in the next few months. Release dates & new info on known titles with a handful of new releases.

We got release dates for Hyrule Warriors, Mario Tennis & Octopath Traveler.

First gameplay of Dark Souls Remastered & Travis Strikes Back.

South Park, Undertale, Little Nightmares, Okami, Crash, Sushi Striker, Captain Toad, Splatoon DLC & Smash Bros were not previously known to be coming to Switch.

Its not the same thing at all to Sony's E3 which is showing games that are ~2 years out.

That just make it worst for me, because this direct just showed me there is nothing in the near future (3-6 months) appealing to me.

South Park may be a go for me but need confirmation if it will include the Stick of Truth that was given when it was released on XBX1 and Ps4.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

What exactly are disappointing hardware sales, anything less than 20m? Also, I hope you're not thinking 2017's line-up will have no further impact on hardware sales. The Switch so far this year is keeping above 200k a week, yet no new game has released, so that can only mean Mario/Zelda/Splatoon/etc. are still selling systems. Naturally it's only gonna go up from here once games start releasing regularly again.

Disappointing sales = significantly below forecast.  Whatever official forecast they give, it will be several million below it.

Mario/Zelda/Splatoon are still helping them now, but they won't move hardware forever.

Such an odd stance to take.

They passed their launch forcast by 38%

They had to increase this year's forcast by 50%

Now they will all of a sudden sell millions less than expected next fiscal year based on what exactly?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I rated it 7/10.

Great stuff. Lots of interesting third party announcements people were expecting, more footage and release dates for some first party games, Captain Toad got announced and we got a Smash teaser at the end.

It just lacked first party announcements/surprises, but it was still a good Direct.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Kairos said:
zorg1000 said:

You and others need to realize what Directs are for, they are primarily used to highlight what is coming in the next few months. Release dates & new info on known titles with a handful of new releases.

We got release dates for Hyrule Warriors, Mario Tennis & Octopath Traveler.

First gameplay of Dark Souls Remastered & Travis Strikes Back.

South Park, Undertale, Little Nightmares, Okami, Crash, Sushi Striker, Captain Toad, Splatoon DLC & Smash Bros were not previously known to be coming to Switch.

Its not the same thing at all to Sony's E3 which is showing games that are ~2 years out.

That just make it worst for me, because this direct just showed me there is nothing in the near future (3-6 months) appealing to me.

South Park may be a go for me but need confirmation if it will include the Stick of Truth that was given when it was released on XBX1 and Ps4.

If nothing in the March-July lineup appeals to you than i think its safe to say Switch in general just isnt for you.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

Such an odd stance to take.

They passed their launch forcast by 38%

They had to increase this year's forcast by 50%

Now they will all of a sudden sell millions less than expected next fiscal year based on what exactly?

It's just a hunch, but I think they will make a forecast of 30m units.

And have to raise it to 40 million midway through the year.

Sunstrider said:
Wyrdness said:

Doesn't really make them ports tbh as they're recent releases that would make them more multiplatform titles it would be like calling the Wii U version of Watch Dogs a port because it release a few months later, Crash for one releases the same day as the X1 version.

Okay now I'm confused XD. @ bold, so, the wii u one is not a port?

It was in development alongside the other versions at the same time its development just got put on hold to favour other versions.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

So all that matters is whatever Nintendo forecast, not how much they actually sell. If they move 17m units for the year, that's a good number if they forecast 16 or 18m, but if they forcast 20m, that same 17m number then becomes disappointing. That's pretty silly.

Also of course not forever, but they'll still be moving hardware throughout 2018.

4-5/10. I expected Smash or Pokemon and we got Smash. Everything else was aight