By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Netflix is taking on a vast amount of new Anime

Acevil said:
vivster said:
Oh god, please no.I hate their format of just dumping everything at once instead of having a neat weekly schedule.

See your sarcasm levels are insane, that I cannot tell anymore. 

It takes a master to see through a master.

But no, Netflix does things horribly.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

Piracy? For shame.

I don't even watch anime, tho.

Liar! You’ve watched one piece! :) 

vivster said:
Oh god, please no.I hate their format of just dumping everything at once instead of having a neat weekly schedule.

I love their format you can binge watch all your favourite shows. No stressful waiting!

vivster said:
Acevil said:

See your sarcasm levels are insane, that I cannot tell anymore. 

It takes a master to see through a master.

But no, Netflix does things horribly.

you could just watch one a week, nobody is forcing you to binge lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Yes, that's great!! Netflix is being smart by investing one of the most popular forms of entertainment in the teenage demographic, definitely a well thought out and smart decision.

I'd love to have one platform for all of my entertainment, but even then all these things are only going to take effect in a year, but still, this is as good a time to start as any. If they get the big shounen shows like Dragon Ball Super (and eventually season 2) and One Piece, it'd be amazing!!

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

I love their format you can binge watch all your favourite shows. No stressful waiting!

Well you’re still waiting...you’re just waiting for the whole season rather than weekly episodes. Just look at how Violet Evergarden and Psi Nan 2 are being handled this season.

Anyways, really disappointed in this news. Netflix is easily is easily the worst legal option for watching anime currently, and choosing to release entire seasons months after everyone’s already seen it is absolutely anti-consumer. Unless they get serious about global simulcasts, they’re just rewarding people for choosing illegal downloads/streams, since there’s really no other option if you prefer to watch anime at release.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
OTBWY said:

Well you’re still waiting...you’re just waiting for the whole season rather than weekly episodes. Just look at how Violet Evergarden and Psi Nan 2 are being handled this season.

Anyways, really disappointed in this news. Netflix is easily is easily the worst legal option for watching anime currently, and choosing to release entire seasons months after everyone’s already seen it is absolutely anti-consumer. Unless they get serious about global simulcasts, they’re just rewarding people for choosing illegal downloads/streams, since there’s really no other option if you prefer to watch anime at release.

Care to elaborate on this? Because it seems not that big of a deal to me. My only gripe is to release more in 4K, to justify my subscription.

Edit: Typo, "online gripe"

Last edited by OTBWY - on 08 March 2018

OTBWY said:
Super_Boom said:

Care to elaborate on this? Because it seems not that big of a deal to me. My online gripe is to release more in 4K, to justify my subscription.

The reason being is they rarely seem to do simulcasts, and already have a precedent of blocking anime from other legal services. If Netflix decides to pick up an anime, that’s fine, but delaying its release AND preventing any other service from airing it is not good for consumers in any way, shape, or form. They’re literally holding these shows hostage until they decide to release it, and oftentimes they won’t even communicate when they plan to release them at all. I have two anime this season in that exact situation, so I’m still annoyed at it.

Think about it this way...if you prefer to watch anime all in one sitting, and a show you like is being released weekly, you can just wait for the season to end and binge it. If you prefer to watch it the same time as the rest of the anime community, and Netflix says you can’t...you’re kind of screwed. I have a friend who literally has no option to watch certain anime this season for that reason, as he’s unable to pirate due to his career.

Ka-pi96 said:

I was wondering the same thing. How on earth is Netflix the worst option? I think they're great. I can watch anime on my PS4 and they even have the option to turn off those shitty subs.

Plus releasing the entire season months after it finishes airing isn't anti-consumer at all. It's only anti-I can't wait for anything I want it NOWWW!!11!!! people

Well that’s nice and all, but not everyone prefers binging. A lot of us take part in global communities and like to have discussions while they’re still relevant.

That’s cool if you don’t do that...but surely it can’t be that difficult to think outside your own bubble.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334