By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you write about gaming?

Including blogs or smaller websites, not forum posts but articles and reviews.

If so, what's the website and what are you currently writing about and what was the last article you got out?

Personally i write for gamingnerd.net, it's a small German site so it's probably not interesting for the typical VGChartz user. We are noncommercial, no ads or stuff like that.

Last article of mine that released is from a four part retro gaming today series and about modern retro consoles like SNES Mini or Atari Flashback.

My Bayonetta (2) Switch review should come online today though. A bit late because we're having some issues to find enough time as editorial staff, it's a hobby after all, not a paid job.

Right now i'm doing an article about game sopundtracks on vinyl and a Fe review. I also have some articles in the backlog, mainly because we're a bit stretched right now.

And yes, we've come to a point where we often get promotional copies. But for many companies we had to get a decent reader range first.

Around the Network

Well, I try to write things sometimes to keep my english skills sharp. In particular, I'm writting game reviews for the The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread,  where we talk about, well, obscure games. It is a very cool initiative, always open for more people to join in (wink, wink) ;)

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Yes, I do reviews for Switch Brasil, which is considered the biggest gaming site dedicated to Nintendo in Brazil. My first review just went to Metacritic so I’m pretty happy and excited about it. Writing is a very relaxing hobby for me, so I’ll keep doing it for a long time.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I used to write reviews, opinion pieces, and tech analysis Head2Heads between PS3 and 360 for LensOfTruth when they still existed. I left before the site shut down, due to the fact that I no longer felt joy from playing games. Rushing through a game that I wanted to spend more time in just so I could get to the next review felt tiresome and like a chore. When a hobby is no longer fun because of one aspect of it, it is time to cut out that aspect.

I also wrote theories, fanfic, game breakdowns, etc on Zelda Amino for over a year before BotW was released under the name Sheiken.  So I guess from early 2016 to mid 2017? 

Somewhere in that ballpark...

That however was my own personal blog and I was in control of my own deadlines, so it was not the same kind of stress that comes with writing for a review site.  I have not made a post in quite some time however.

Last edited by Shiken - on 06 March 2018

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I can totally understand that. Sometimes your hobby becomes work you don't earn any money with (except for a few lucky ones).
Personally i prefer writing articles over reviews, ironically wrote way more reviews though last year.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Yes, I do reviews for Switch Brasil, which is considered the biggest gaming site dedicated to Nintendo in Brazil. My first review just went to Metacritic so I’m pretty happy and excited about it. Writing is a very relaxing hobby for me, so I’ll keep doing it for a long time.

That's pretty cool I must say. Congrats!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I used to write music reviews but stopped. I want to write things about games but I am afraid no one will care about what I have to say (in fact, going off the fact that I have pretty much posted thesis's of what I would like to describe on here that have gotten ridiculed, I do not find much of a reason to post). Reviews are almost always better as a conversation and yet, that's not what a majority of reviews are.

I'm a novelist but I've never written about video games. I suppose I could, but I think most of what I'd be interested in writing has already been covered at this point.

I've tried writing about it in the past, but unfortunately I'm not the best at staying focused or writing out what I want to, so I tend to give up or not be very satisfied with my results.

I do reviews on both my blog and post them here too

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick