By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Kremlin stopped Trump from appointing Mitt Romney as Secretary of State

AsGryffynn said:
Puppyroach said:

You're making many assumptions. Disliking the Russian leadership is not the same as disliking Russians. 

This is exactly the same response I use to refer to the anti Russian hawks BEFORE the horrific accusations against anyone were leveled... You're daffy if you think Trump was going to appoint Romn even when Mr Tangerine hadn't liked him... 

You hate Russia for doing you a favor. Some of the people, meanwhile, over at my hometown wish Russia had rolled tanks down La Rambla after the CG reached Barcelona... 

If there's no proof, I refuse to believe it. Testimony from people with interests involving Russia are automatically rejected. Also, I refuse to believe loons like Christopher Steele, who cited something as ridiculous as a "piss-dossier" as proof... 

Then there's your sanctions, which translate to "The European Union must sanction Russia, because we say so..." and the fact we have already made it clear we are not going to do that. 

1. I never claimed Trump would have appointed Romney. I only say that the timeline of Steeles memos are important and relevant. And you are the one making the assumptions here once more.

2. I don't hate Russia. Being critical of the leadership of a country doesn't mean you hate the country. I oppose the way Russia basically invaded Crimea just as I oppose any cases where the US invades other countries or conduct made up wars just to fuel their own industries. I try to be consistent in that criticism.

3. So you mean the police for example should never use testimony from, say, other criminals in their investigations since those criminals have a vested interest and are not trustworthy? Then you would not solve basically any high profile criminal cases. I do agree that you shouldn't believe anything without proof. But you should then atleast  be consistent and open to accept evidence from anyone, even those who have their own agenda. Evidence is evidence, regardless of the source.

4. Nope, the sanctions has nothing to do with the EU. They were agreed upon by a super majority in both the house and the senate and still not enforced by the president. Let us speculate and imagine how Trump and the GOP would have reacted if Clinton or Obama would have refused to enact sanctions after a decision from a super majority? Well, we do have some indication on how they would have reacted considering the response to Obamas executive actions through the years and how Trump thought Obama was "weak" in his approach to other countries. 

Around the Network

Utter bull and more liberal fake news.  Romney was paid to bash Trump before the RNC. Why would Trump appoint him to anything?

If you noticed that there seems to be two very clear examples of people on this political fence. The left, typically people with thousands of post who spend their life more online than anything else are the anti trump people and are easily convinced that trolling by less than twenty Russians gave the Presidency to Trump because their lives are so heavily invested in that medium. You have his supporters who are not the people who live their lives online and find the claim that twitter and facebook won him the election insane because being persuaded back tweets and facebook post to be laughable, I mean how pathetic of a person do you have to be for that to actually work?

They'll continue to push this and all the stories against him because they cannot handle reality. These are the same people who think eating GMO's are bad but pumping 9 year olds with chemicals to change their gender is progressive. They claim spend their time hating the police for how racist they are but then claim only the police should have weapons. They proudly claim they fight against the fascist of the world while enforcing speech rules, segregating people on race and gender and banning debate of opposing views.

Point is that they, everyone of them, are jokes of people. Don't waste your time giving them energy anymore. These people are so down the rabbit hole of their own South Park style self importance that frankly nothing can change their minds. Save your breath, because you'll need it when you hold your breath around any of them who decided bathing was harmful to the environment..

AsGryffynn said:
SpokenTruth said:

I actually don't.  What I don't like is their meddling with our elections, invading Crimea and Ukraine, killing gays, killing political opponents and developing a video of nuclear attack on Florida.

I don't have a problem with the people of Russia.  

Why don't you or Trump have a problem with those things?

I will explain: 

• This is probably, if true, payback for American meddling during Yeltsin's election back when the Communist Party was the most viable option and people were thinking about reforming the USSR since the only party that seemed to be in their right mind were them... 
  • After a coup, rescinding Russian population protections in the East and when the lease on their base there was due to expire? No shit Sherlock. If Cuba entered Guantanamo and expelled you guys, would it be their fault for reclaiming land from you even though Cuba never belonged to you? 
  • I am with you on the Donbass stuff though. The threat of invasion should Ukraine refuse home rule for those regions seemed better. One of the places Russia overstepped international law... 
  • Russia has a very peculiar thing: The Orthodox Church, which makes US Catholics seem liberal, has a brutal deathgrip on many important constituencies. There's also Kadyrov and the regions in the South which have the particular caveat of being Muslim majority Republics. Gays were always going to be criminals in those areas. Vlad doesn't condemn it because he can't. The Church would cry foul almost immediately if he did. Thus why you get the awful trainwreck you had in Chechnya. For the record, they don't have these issues in the Far East, where enforcement of anti LGBT legislation has been less ham fisted and the Orthodox and Muslim's constituencies' death grip lessened due to Buddhism and Rodnovery. Rodnovers are a problem of their own, and are basically the vast majority of the guys you see in Ukraine, alongside Russian PMCs, who do run on government insignia. Basically, almost all of Russia's issues can be traced back to religious rubbish. Think what the US would be like if a Bible Belt government took over it. That's Russia in a nutshell... 
  • This is posturing, from everyone and their mother. Seriously, if you take issue with this, leave the bloody war room. 

1- Does that make it ok?

2- The sovereign nation of Ukraine was invaded and land mass taken by force by another nation. The claims of Russian population being somehow threatened is a convenient claim by the occupying forces lacking any sort of evidence to back it up. If so, the correct course of action should be to allow the Russian citizens to return to their homeland, not annex another country.

3- ...

4- He's using the orthodox church as a crutch to stay in power. Dictatorship 101. Pleasing the religious heads by finding an "easy" target like the gay community is disgusting, although nothing new. It is though interesting how some people jump to Russia's defense while in the same breath criticizing similar practices in middle eastern (muslim) countries.

5- Posturing by some politicians? Maybe so. There are plenty of people who have legitimate reasons to hate the Putin regime. Most of them actually are living under it. During Yeltsin time, there was a sincere hope that Russia could finally open up and democratize. But we have to face it, this piece of shit Putin pulled them back into the cold war times.

Cubedramirez said:
If you noticed that there seems to be two very clear examples of people on this political fence. The left, typically people with thousands of post who spend their life more online than anything else are the anti trump people and are easily convinced that trolling by less than twenty Russians gave the Presidency to Trump because their lives are so heavily invested in that medium. You have his supporters who are not the people who live their lives online and find the claim that twitter and facebook won him the election insane because being persuaded back tweets and facebook post to be laughable, I mean how pathetic of a person do you have to be for that to actually work?

They'll continue to push this and all the stories against him because they cannot handle reality. These are the same people who think eating GMO's are bad but pumping 9 year olds with chemicals to change their gender is progressive. They claim spend their time hating the police for how racist they are but then claim only the police should have weapons. They proudly claim they fight against the fascist of the world while enforcing speech rules, segregating people on race and gender and banning debate of opposing views.

Point is that they, everyone of them, are jokes of people. Don't waste your time giving them energy anymore. These people are so down the rabbit hole of their own South Park style self importance that frankly nothing can change their minds. Save your breath, because you'll need it when you hold your breath around any of them who decided bathing was harmful to the environment..

Are you serious in arguing Trump supporters aren't big on social media? =)

And who claims that Trump won the election thanks to Russia? Give sources please. Arguing that Russia meddle in the election is not the same as arguing that Trump won because of it. If you can't tell the difference, well then I can't help you.

The rest of your post is just incoherent, you claim for example that people can't complain about problems with racism within the police force while wanting to have a police force at the same time? You don't understand that people want to get rid of racism within the police force for the very reason that they want a police force in society that people can trust? 

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Cubedramirez said:

And who claims that Trump won the election thanks to Russia? Give sources please. Arguing that Russia meddle in the election is not the same as arguing that Trump won because of it. If you can't tell the difference, well then I can't help you.

The rest of your post is just incoherent, you claim for example that people can't complain about problems with racism within the police force while wanting to have a police force at the same time? You don't understand that people want to get rid of racism within the police force for the very reason that they want a police force in society that people can trust? 

That guy don't seem to realize that Trump uses social media to campaign and to talk to his supporters, the same people that he is bashing. When I read that, I'm like, "da f@ck did I just read?" lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
SpokenTruth said:
Seventizz said:

Utter bull and more liberal fake news.  Romney was paid to bash Trump before the RNC. Why would Trump appoint him to anything?

Do you have the receipts?

Do I need any?  Romney called a Hinckley Institute press conference and did a press tour after that - some interviews conducted prior.  Whether or not the republicans paid him (they did) is irrelevant.  It still proves that the Trump team wouldn’t offer him any position within their cabinet.

SpokenTruth said:
Seventizz said:

Do I need any?  Romney called a Hinckley Institute press conference and did a press tour after that - some interviews conducted prior.  Whether or not the republicans paid him (they did) is irrelevant.  It still proves that the Trump team wouldn’t offer him any position within their cabinet.

So you made a claim you can't back up.  Twice now.

And twice you miss my point that discredits these ridiculous allegations with something trivial.

deskpro2k3 said:
Puppyroach said:

That guy don't seem to realize that Trump uses social media to campaign and to talk to his supporters, the same people that he is bashing. When I read that, I'm like, "da f@ck did I just read?" lol

I think projection if one of the main themes of the far-right. 

SpokenTruth said:
Seventizz said:

And twice you miss my point that discredits these ridiculous allegations with something trivial.

Then stop making a claim if you can't back it up.  Stick to your point.  You muddy your own message.

A former presidential candidate being paid to negatively discuss Trump would be a big deal.

It was.  You realize a national press conference, press tour, pr team, and entourage cost money, right?  He wasn’t even running or tossing his name into the foray.  What other motive is there?