By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Blocking people?

Millennials...
Always in need of "safe places".

User moderated for this post and several posts in this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235037&page=1#25 - axum

Last edited by axumblade - on 04 March 2018

Around the Network

You want to block me?

CaptainExplosion said:
axumblade said:

You literally reported it a half an hour ago. Have some fuckin patience dude 

Now I don't need patience because that person has been kicked out. :)

Or so you think! Thanks for the new name. Loved it.

See ya, millennial.

CaptainExplosion said:

Flilix said:
You want to block me?

Not you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
axumblade said:
The supporter program allows you to block users.
http://www.vgchartz.com/supporters.php#content

Signed up just to block a certain alt-right shithead who knows who he/she is, because the mods did nothing, no matter how many times I reported that person.

Flilix said:
You want to block me?

Not you, just some hateful idiot with a stupid dreadlock dog avatar.

EDIT:

Oh wait, the bitch's gone now. I apologize for saying the mods did nothing. :)

Someone annoyed you on a forum and you paid money to not read their posts?

This is like someone being bullied at school has just given up their lunch money to get away from it, sounds like a very bad idea rather than waiting for the report to pan out and see what happened mate, mods are people too, takes them time to work and eat etc.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Why do you let people bother you?

Just ignore and scroll past their post.

CaptainExplosion said:

It has occurred to me that there is no feature on VGChartz for ordinary members to block people who are bothering them.

Why not?

I have no idea why it isn't a feature but I've been wanting it for a long time. If we could simply block those we don't like, the levels of sanity would rise exponentially. 

Cobretti2 said:

What about when someone gets a hard-on and becomes obsessive? It happens to me all the time and it's creepy as fuck. Every thing you say, every single post or comment is shadowed by someone for a week or two because they're mentally unhinged... that needs to either be against the rules or we need the ability to block said stalker.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Cobretti2 said:

What about when someone gets a hard-on and becomes obsessive? It happens to me all the time and it's creepy as fuck. Every thing you say, every single post or comment is shadowed by someone for a week or two because they're mentally unhinged... that needs to either be against the rules or we need the ability to block said stalker.

Never had that happen to me so I can't say exactly what it is like.

But when a poster annoys me I often just skip their posts and try to forget they ever exist even without the blocking function :P. If that happened to me I would report a few times and then just forget they existed, not going to let a pathetic lowlife ruin my day.