By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Monster Hunter World see a Switch release?

Can they make it happen?

Yes 15 27.27%

No 27 49.09%

Maybe 13 23.64%

Total:55

No. I would've expected a port if MHW was a flop, but it has sold gangbusters. They are probably satisfied with those sales for now. They may port XX to the Switch (with Nintendo paying for the publishing costs), but they won't try to downgrade MHW until those sales start to drop.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I wouldn't trust Iron Galaxy after what they did with AK on PC, as well as Lichdom on consoles.

That said, even if they were to port it to the switch, it would be heavily downgraded both in visuals, resolution and fps. They would be better off making a MH based around what the Switch can actually handle.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

NintendoPie said:
I'm still waiting for DQXI to come to the Switch... how about asking SE to do that instead.

Is there still no footage of that?

VGPolyglot said:
NintendoPie said:
I'm still waiting for DQXI to come to the Switch... how about asking SE to do that instead.

Is there still no footage of that?

Pretty positive there isn't. If we hear nothing about it all year then I'm confident that it's cancelled. 

-Newcloud- said:
If Bluepoint made the tweet i'd be on board, lets not forget the horrible PC port of Batman Arkham Knight and that was on a system more than capable to run it.

If anyone can do it, maybe them.

shikamaru317 said:
Chazore said:

I wouldn't trust Iron Galaxy after what they did with AK on PC, as well as Lichdom on consoles.

That said, even if they were to port it to the switch, it would be heavily downgraded both in visuals, resolution and fps. They would be better off making a MH based around what the Switch can actually handle.

Iron Galaxy was responsible for Lichdom on consoles? That gives me zero faith that they could manage to make MH World run well on Switch, the Lichdom console port was absolutely dreadful, Digital Foundry called it the worst port job so far this gen. 

Yeah Iron Galaxy would probably just end up shipping a half arsed, barely running version MHW.

Even if they put in the effort, I think a title like this is something better just leaveing alone.
You wont realistically get a good port of this game, if you want to play it, get it on PS4/XB1 instead.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Much more realistic, yet we havnt seen any footage of it..... its slightly worrying tbh if your a switch owner that wanted this.

As we have seen pretty much this entire generation, Capcom doesn't like to do late ports and often just keeps their games exclusive from day 1. Otherwise we would have seen MH on Vita :P.

shikamaru317 said:

There was a leak before MH World was even announced that Sony had paid to keep it off Switch, and details from that leak matched the actual game when it was announced. Coupled with the technical challenges (even standard XB1 struggles with MH World and it's more than 3x as powerful as Switch in console  mode), safe to say it won't be coming to Switch. Best hope for MH Nintendo fans is that Capcom goes full multiplat on the next entry, PS4/XB1/Switch, with a dedicated Switch version with toned back graphics.

True, i remember that leak and a lot of the info on it matched what we got, so im willing to believe the part about Sony keeping the Switch out of the platforms for the game.

It could, but I think MHW will be for the more powerful consoles and the Switch will get its own MH.

Farsala said:
As we have seen pretty much this entire generation, Capcom doesn't like to do late ports and often just keeps their games exclusive from day 1. Otherwise we would have seen MH on Vita :P.

RE Revelations 1 + 2 as well as Mega Man Legacy Collection say hi.

estebxx said:
shikamaru317 said:

There was a leak before MH World was even announced that Sony had paid to keep it off Switch, and details from that leak matched the actual game when it was announced. Coupled with the technical challenges (even standard XB1 struggles with MH World and it's more than 3x as powerful as Switch in console  mode), safe to say it won't be coming to Switch. Best hope for MH Nintendo fans is that Capcom goes full multiplat on the next entry, PS4/XB1/Switch, with a dedicated Switch version with toned back graphics.

True, i remember that leak and a lot of the info on it matched what we got, so im willing to believe the part about Sony keeping the Switch out of the platforms for the game.

I'm rather willing to believe that the development started long before the Switch was explained to Capcom. Sony would have to consider the Switch a serious competitor to make such a move.

Either way, a port of MHW is highly unlikely imo.