By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Monster Hunter World see a Switch release?

Can they make it happen?

Yes 15 27.27%

No 27 49.09%

Maybe 13 23.64%

Total:55

If Capcom also says so then we'd best take their words over Iron Galaxy's ...

Around the Network

Technically it's very possible. There will be frame dips, and docked, it won't go higher than 900p or even 720 but it has all the modern APIs to run a game like MHW, and that's why developers can come out and say something like this. The RAM that devs are able to utilize on PS4 is around 2GB more than what devs have to work with on Switch so sacrifices can be made for the game to run at an acceptable level.

Capcom ain't gonna do it, they love excuses and cutting corners in business. So give it to someone else.

I’m not sure if Capcom will decide on a port, but I think a Monster Hunter game with World’s physics and gameplay can work on Switch.

fatslob-:O said:

If Capcom also says so then we'd best take their words over Iron Galaxy's ...

Capcom never said it couldn't be done, they said it wpuld be difficult. Thats two very different things.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Monster Hunter is a yearly franchise. By the time they can port the game to Switch the next Monster Hunter game will be announced. I mean look how long it has taken them to make a PC port. I think the Switch will get its own series of Monster Hunter instead. Maybe Generations XXX (lol) or Monster Hunter World Portable or something.

Also, Sony has a deal with Capcom to have the game exclusive in Japan. So it will be much more profitable to just make a new Monster Hunter based on World. I say wait a few months. 

Edit: Also look how long it took to get the Mega Man Legacy collection on Switch. You really think they can port World in a timely manner?

Last edited by killeryoshis - on 03 March 2018

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

capcom mentioned that it would be complicated or something to port it to switch, and this sounds for me that they don't have much interrest

Personally, I think its the most reasonable thing to do.While I would have preferred an earlier release, its makes far more sense to port World, or rather have one MH game for all platforms going foward, rather than developing a whole new game(or at least investing more resources than necessary into a game thats significally different than World) just for the Switch, given that the Switch is powerful enough that such ports are not impossible.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

If Bluepoint made the tweet i'd be on board, lets not forget the horrible PC port of Batman Arkham Knight and that was on a system more than capable to run it.

I'm still waiting for DQXI to come to the Switch... how about asking SE to do that instead.

Could it, yes
Will it, no

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar