By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Xbox Handheld

Actuall the DS is probably doing better than the PSP among older gamers.

Around the Network

Probably? Of course it is! Even developers themselves are calling the Playstation Portable a failure. Face it, any portable not made by Nintendo is a failure. Even the Gameboy Micro failed. I would mention the Virtual Boy too, but it's not really a portable. I don't know WTF to call it. The only true portable successes really are: Gameboy Gameboy Color Gameboy Advance Nintendo DS That's it, and if you ask me, that's kind of sad, since there are so many portable gaming consoles out there. Oh well, blame it all on Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon, stealing all the competition.

alex you had said so much retarded stuff its truly amazing.

The PSP is a failure? It already outsold the xbox and its going to be a while before even the 360 catches it. As of march '07 it was the 10th best selling piece of gaming hardware in history and by the end of the year should be in 8th. How's that a failure?? VGcharts has the PSP selling 298k WW in May. How in the hell do you call 298K in a SLOW video game month a failure??

"Actuall the DS is probably doing better than the PSP among older gamers."

take a look at the DS 1 million seller list and give me some games that are targeted at adults??

the psp list has :
2 GTA's
SOCOM
Ridge Racer
2 need for speeds
midnight club

Notice the 4 adult targeted racers vs the DS racer list of umm Mario Kart. And where are the SHOOTERS for the DS??

I would call the PSP the FIRST adult targeted portable to be a success.

dgm6780 said:
alex you had said so much retarded stuff its truly amazing.

The PSP is a failure? It already outsold the xbox and its going to be a while before even the 360 catches it. As of march '07 it was the 10th best selling piece of gaming hardware in history and by the end of the year should be in 8th. How's that a failure?? VGcharts has the PSP selling 298k WW in May. How in the hell do you call 298K in a SLOW video game month a failure??

"Actuall the DS is probably doing better than the PSP among older gamers."

take a look at the DS 1 million seller list and give me some games that are targeted at adults??

the psp list has :
2 GTA's
SOCOM
Ridge Racer
2 need for speeds
midnight club

Notice the 4 adult targeted racers vs the DS racer list of umm Mario Kart. And where are the SHOOTERS for the DS??

I would call the PSP the FIRST adult targeted portable to be a success.

2 Brain Training &More Brain Training

Big Brain Acadmy

English Training for Adults

Common Knowledge Training

1 Gta is on the million sellers for PSP

Visit my interactive story site
http://www.catprog.org/story.html

that brain training stuff shouldnt even count as a game and seriously thats all you got for adult DS games? brain training??

and Catprog
GTA Liberty City 3.85 million
GTA Vice City 1.36 million

you might need to hone up on your brain training for adults because 1 +1 = 2 !!

Around the Network

Once abai MS handhe,d system=never going to happen. MS didn't join the gaming industry to beat Nintendo. Hell MS actually views Nintendo more as a friendly. This is supported by their comments. They are here to knick down Sony and them only. MS will only make a handheld if miraculously a Sony hanheld wins. Until then MS sees no use as they really aren t competing the same way with Nintendo. MS really has the mentality of it doesn't matter who takes Sony down as long as they are taken down.

dgm6780 said:
that brain training stuff shouldnt even count as a game and seriously thats all you got for adult DS games? brain training??

and Catprog
GTA Liberty City 3.85 million
GTA Vice City 1.36 million

you might need to hone up on your brain training for adults because 1 +1 = 2 !!

No my eyes. I only saw 1 of them.

Visit my interactive story site
http://www.catprog.org/story.html

Stop being damn stupid, if MS announces a handheld it wouldnt be competing with the DS or PSP

you realise that the DS is about to be replaced right?
most GB's were replaced by successors after about 4 years, so dont be suprised if the successor to the DS is announced at this E3

Um hoa about no. Where do you get your info buddy. Nintendo handhelds last alot longer than 4 years. Hell its impossible to say the least seeing that the N handhelds have been around for about 17 years. Divide that by 3 and there ya go.

The fact of the matter is we qont see a DS successor for awhile. Think 2011-2012 timeframe.

The DS successor is not going to be announced at this year's E3. It's about as likely as Sony announcing the PS4. The DS is making industry record profits right now and I don't see anything in the current generation that is going to change it.