By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gyro Aiming Being the Future?

Sticks for FPS and 3PS sucks that's why most (all) games of this type on consoles have autoaim.

IR or gyro is way better (you use the sticks for big movements and make fine ajustmets with tiny movements of the wrist) all without the need of a built in aimbot.

M+KB rules all, but not really that convinient when you play from the couch.

Around the Network

Help! No matter where Impoint my gyro, I can't shoot anything :( And now tere's tatziki sauce all over te floor. :( :(

Intrinsic said:
To be sure, ypu are talking about moving the controller around to aim instead of the sticks?

or basically moving my wrists and elbows around instead of my thumbs?

No thanks.

Using controller movement additionally to analog stick for a finer, more precisely aim just like in Splatoon 2 or Doom. 

Using only analog stick for aiming is just too stiff for me.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Nope they aren't, I rather use move as a shooting control than gyro aiming. Should also use tongue to aim balance

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The PlayStation 4's DualShock 4 has the gyro. The game Blue Estate
Do I think gyro aiming is the future? Well... the option for it hasn't gone away. In fact you even like using it, and I think it will always be around as long as somebody likes it. Probably another reason why the PlayStation 4, the Switch, and PC is doing so good because they are incredibly diverse with option and abilities.

Around the Network

I nearly sold my copy of Splatoon 2 before I figured you could turn off the gyro controls, and just use the twin sticks. They're absolutely terrible.

Gyro aiming SHOULD be the future. Having two sensitivities as opposed to just one is a blessing.

I expect gyro to slowly become the standard to the point where twin sticks are seen as the optional thing to put in. I expect it to gain mainstream use on Switch first. Then I expect it to spread to other systems to start using it. It will probably take a generation or two before all games use it but I see it happening. PS4 already had gyro and so does the Steam Controller.

Competitive communities playing on consoles will be the first to move to the new control scheme. Games like Splatoon 2 are impossible to play competitively with twin sticks unless you want to be at a disadvantage.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Having it built in and usable as an option is nice, but not having it enabled by default.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Intrinsic said:
To be sure, ypu are talking about moving the controller around to aim instead of the sticks?

or basically moving my wrists and elbows around instead of my thumbs?

No thanks.

gyro-aiming doesnt require that much movement. usually when i use it, i keep using the stick to aim left-right, but i use gyro for up down and sometime to follow a moving target.