By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most nostalgic games

Lately I've been very nostalgic for the 5th gen of gaming, specifically N64/PS1 and some mid-late 90s PC releases that I barely got to play or missed out on at the time. I've played the hell out of my favorite NES / SNES / Genesis games and while I'll always love them there's only so much left in the way of nostalgia for that generation of gaming at this point.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Final Fantasy X
Street Fighter II

Zelda Link's Awakening is my most nostalgic game. It was the game that got me into gaming, and such a big adventure on such a small personal device. At that time for me, there was nothing I could afford that was like it. Cherished every second of it.

OTBWY said:

My most nostalgic games.

- Pokemon Blue, Gold.
- All 2D Mario games from the 90s.
- Ocarina of Time.
- Terranigma.
- Secret of Mana.
- Smash Bros.
- DKC games.
- Many Rare games.
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron games.
- Sonic 1 to 3 + Knuckles.
- Phelios
- Streets of Rage 1 and 2.
- Legend of Mana.
- Lunar.

You've got some good taste in gaming. Not many people talk about Lunar anymore but the first 2 games either on Sega CD or PS1 were classics. And you must be European because you have Terranigma on your list, wish we'd got that in the states.

Ljink96 said:
OTBWY said:

My most nostalgic games.

- Pokemon Blue, Gold.
- All 2D Mario games from the 90s.
- Ocarina of Time.
- Terranigma.
- Secret of Mana.
- Smash Bros.
- DKC games.
- Many Rare games.
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron games.
- Sonic 1 to 3 + Knuckles.
- Phelios
- Streets of Rage 1 and 2.
- Legend of Mana.
- Lunar.

You've got some good taste in gaming. Not many people talk about Lunar anymore but the first 2 games either on Sega CD or PS1 were classics. And you must be European because you have Terranigma on your list, wish we'd got that in the states.

Well thanks! Lunar is sadly not talked about. I have the complete PS1 games (with the trinkets and artbooks etc). I'm still waiting for the right time to get the SEGA CD ones. I also have the GBA games. Such a good game from WD. As far as Terranigma goes, yeah it's sad that it never came to the states back then. But We didn't get Earthbound or Chrono Trigger :) I had to play those games using a Super Wild Card and diskettes.

Around the Network

Nostalgia hits me for any relatively old game that I have fond memories for. Certain games just take me back to certain times in my life. Obviously, I have the most nostalgia for older systems like the Tandy 1000, NES, and SNES. But I even have some recent games from the 6th gen or newer that hit them nostalgia feels.

Tandy:
Space Quest
Kings Quest
Police Quest
Hero's Quest
All the old Sierra games really

NES:
Final Fantasy 1...this one also has some musical nostalgia. We listened to The Real Thing by Faith No More a lot during this time, so that game and album are forever tied together
Ninja Gaiden 2
Tetris
Double Dragon series, especially 2 and 3
StarTropics
Castlevania 3
Mario 3
Dragon Warrior 4
And any number of games I rented over the years. So glad I found my old NES carts in my parent's basement and brought them back with me

SNES:
Mario World / All Stars
Super Baseball Simulator 1.000
Mortal Kombat 2
Act Raiser 2
Final Fantasy 2 and 3
Wanderers from Ys
Lagoon
Stanley Cup Hockey
Zelda Link to the Past

GameCube:
Metroid Prime...this game takes me back to a time when I returned to console gaming in college. Every time I hear the menu music or something like the Phendrana Drifts music, the nostalgia hits me super hard.