Which game will win?

Ni No Kuni, both in sales and MC 23 35.38%

Kirby, both in sales and MC 11 16.92%

Ni No Kuni in sales, Kirby in MC 2 3.08%

Kirby in sales, Ni No Kuni in MC 29 44.62%

Total:65

Sales: Kirby: Star Allies > Ni no Kuni 2

Metacritic: Ni no Kuni 2 > Kirby: Star Allies

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Hmm, I'd say NNK on Meta and Kirby in sales. PC factor could push NNK on top though

ninokuni could have the better metascore, but i think salewise will win kirby, as ninokuni will not get many sales from japan...

What a weird comparison.
Like many have said, Kirby will most probably win in sales and Ni no Kuni will most probably have a higher Metacritic score (unless the game somehow ends up being a disaster, hopefully that doesn't happen).

Metascore: Ni No Kuni 2

Sales: Ni No Kuni 2 in the long run. I don’t think it’s competitive vs. other games at full price, especially when considering the PSN sales.

Around the Network

Metacritic: ni no kuni 2

Sales: kirby without a doubt. I'll bet everything on that.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Flilix said:
Darwinianevolution said:
One question, why these two games? What exactly are we comparing here?

Because they're releasing close to eachother, because they're both equally popular and equally good, and because there haven't been a lot of interesting threads on this site lately.

Equally popular? I think Kirby is just a wee bit more renowned than Ni No Kuni lol

Kirby's gonna sell more. Meta will probably go to Ni No Kuni, even though I'd personally never play it.

I'm buying Ni no Kuni II on day one. I hope it reviews very well and hope it sells more too. I'm excited for it and for the new battle system; it looks fast, smooth and fun. And then there's the kingdom building, the army skirmishes, the cute chibi overworld, the same gorgeous Gibhli inspired graphics and art, etc. Can't wait!

I( still there´s not a "competition" here... both games seemed aimed at different audiences. Anyway.... Ni No Kuni will probably sell better. Still, I believe this Kirby game may be the best selling of the latest entries in the series.