By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - To your knowledge, what event brought you closest to death?

Tagged games:

Whether it be close calls or the most sick/injured you have been, either way works.

As for me I played football in school. So in the 2nd game of the season I break my right femur in half. Got taken to emergency room for immediate surgery.

At the time I didn't think I was close to death, but now I realize serious complications would have been possible.

Around the Network

My birth.

super_etecoon said:
My birth.

What happened?

Farsala said:
super_etecoon said:
My birth.

What happened?

Uh...nothing. I couldn’t die until I was alive. Therefore being born is the closest I have ever come to death. 

Ice storm in the early 2000s. My car did a 180 and slid straight across three lanes of interstate in front of a semi. If he had been going any faster I would've been paste.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Farsala said:

What happened?

Uh...nothing. I couldn’t die until I was alive. Therefore being born is the closest I have ever come to death. 

Hard to argue when life actually starts though. Being born is just being transferred out of your mother's womb, and that's after a whole 9 months of pregnancy.

Anyways I was thinking there were complications or something with your birth that made you really sick or something.

Farsala said:
super_etecoon said:

Hard to argue when life actually starts though. Being born is just being transferred out of your mother's womb, and that's after a whole 9 months of pregnancy.

Anyways I was thinking there were complications or something with your birth that made you really sick or something.

Sheesh. Does everything have to be political on this site?

I fell on a pencil that was positioned pointing upward, landed on my side. It missed both kidneys by a few millimeters each. (I was 6, so a pencil would have large compared to my waist at the time)

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

super_etecoon said:
Farsala said:

Sheesh. Does everything have to be political on this site?

I don't care about politics at all which is why I avoid those threads like a plague. We should probably get back on topic though :).

Was born a few months early with bad blood and needed new blood pumped in me, was touch and go.

When riding a bike very young, down a steep hill at full speed, my brother was sitting at the bottom of it and threw a rock at the wheel and i went flying over the handle bars into a tree, face was scratched up.

When i was young in primary school I slipped running across the road in icy/wet raining conditions and the car just stopped in front of me, the wheel touched my leg but did not run over it.