By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

wouldn't be surprised honestly..... My gut is sticking with no more than 75M though..... and that's because thats about how well the 3DS did in over 6 years. I have nothing but the 3ds to liken its sales too.

Heres how i look at it.

Switch is the successor to 3DS, Wii U & Vita. Those 3 devices total sales will reach ~105 million.

Now you can factor in that there are many people owned a combination of those devices who will not likely buy 2 or 3 seperate Switch's (excluding revisions).

On the other hand, you also have to factor in the people who were not interested in any of those devices individually but would like a single device that combined their biggest strengths.

In my opinion, those 2 things will cancel each other out causing Switch to sell over 100 million.

3DS and WiiU's biggest strength was backwards compatibility.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

I thought the xbox one could sell 14 million in its peak year... I was wrong.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:
I was wrong when I backed monster Hunter on ps4 to be a big success. Turns out it was a huge success.

When does it go from big to huge?

Kerotan said:
VGPolyglot said:

When does it go from big to huge?

So, 1 sale? Virtually meaningless distinction then, I'd say.

VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
VGPolyglot said:

You're pretty humble then I'd say, acknowledging that you were wrong even though you were only off by one sale

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Intrinsic said:
I was wrong about the NS topping out at around 40M.

Now My prediction is at around 60M....... I could very well be wrong about that too.

At least 85 million tbh

Hey hey hey, you're taking what was said out of context ....

Hmm, lets start from Generation 7 only

- I was wrong in believing that it would not reach the heights that it did, due to various hardware complications.
- I was wrong in believing that it was worse suited for third party games than the PS3. In a lot of cases 360 version played much better.
- I was wrong in my perception of FPS, and FPS on consoles being capable of such quality.
- I was wrong that I would hate the 360 controller

PS3
- I was wrong in believing that this would be runaway hit from the start, even with the bad publicity, I assumed everyone would just get one.
- I was wrong that Sony could not turn it around, and they did.
- I was wrong that Sony could not build first party games that rival the best publishers

Wii
- I was wrong that Nintendo would just do meh.
- I was wrong that Nintendo could gain third party titles if it simply did well
- I was wrong that I would hate the controller, but it ended up being one of my favorites overtime

DS
- You know what, I cannot think of something for you. Lets say I doubted you could reach 150 million, and I was wrong about that.

PSP
- Same as above, I guess again sales, in fact sales for all five, I was heavily wrong about that all five could sell well at one point or another.

Wright said:

It has got so bad my username should be renamed to Wrong. Where do I begin with.

Mario Kart 8 by far being the worst selling entry in the franchise. #neverforget

NintendoPie said:
Wright said:

It has got so bad my username should be renamed to Wrong. Where do I begin with.

Mario Kart 8 by far being the worst selling entry in the franchise. #neverforget

That may have been more of a wish by him than a prediction