By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Trucks actually isn't a mod.

If it'll get people off our backs, let them believe Trucks is a mod, lol

You guys really need to get on top of those tags on avatars, they're becoming messy and completely disorganised, I really feel bad for any new members coming into VGchartz because they are almost an inside joke rather than a way to actually tell peoples roles on the site.

Is there any of the ambassadors left doing that role? See Conegamer is marked as one but not been online in almost a year, has it been that long since someone paid any interest to the ambassador program as to review them? What is a "beta tester" surely any supporter should have that tag as well if it's referring to the website since they use the redesigned front page...

Even in this thread alone you have "Gay Triarchy" "Rueple" and "Backseat moderator" worked onto avatars do you guys honestly not see any way that a new user to the forum would be confused seeing these?

Also.... I was wrong to make this post in this thread, but felt it on topic to again the inside chuckle here at "as long as it confuses users to thinking X is doing Y role"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said: 

Even in this thread alone you have "Gay Triarchy" 

Please don't take away Gaytriarchy. Actually, don't take away community tags at all.

I remember making a bet with my cat that the PS4 would beat the Switch in NPD sales every month this year. Boy, was I ever wrong.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Bristow9091 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

You guys really need to get on top of those tags on avatars, they're becoming messy and completely disorganised, I really feel bad for any new members coming into VGchartz because they are almost an inside joke rather than a way to actually tell peoples roles on the site.

Is there any of the ambassadors left doing that role? See Conegamer is marked as one but not been online in almost a year, has it been that long since someone paid any interest to the ambassador program as to review them? What is a "beta tester" surely any supporter should have that tag as well if it's referring to the website since they use the redesigned front page...

Even in this thread alone you have "Gay Triarchy" "Rueple" and "Backseat moderator" worked onto avatars do you guys honestly not see any way that a new user to the forum would be confused seeing these?

Also.... I was wrong to make this post in this thread, but felt it on topic to again the inside chuckle here at "as long as it confuses users to thinking X is doing Y role"

"You guys"? We're moderators, we have no power over that, it's the admins you want to be talking to in this situation, they're the ones that do all the coding and stuff, we just spam the "ban" button and swing our hammers around all day... 

You guys refers to anyone who has any degree of say in what happens on this site.

and when you say "it's the admins" You mean "Site Admins" not the other 3 user types which have admin in them, and not anyone who just drops "Fun Admin" onto their avatar image since that would be fun to do wouldn't it?

There's currently 12 different types of user on here according to the users filters, are you suggesting that only ioi, Jlauro, Trucks, Talon, Machina and Torillian are the ones tasked with sorting out which of those 12 labels go on every other user? When you factor in that ioi does not do that work, are there any of those other 5 who are also not doing the role? When it comes to Machina, Jlauro and based on the comments here Trucks that also means that 3 of the site admins.... are not actually moderators so they wouldn't be the people who get reports of users who are messing with those tags, in fact factoring out ioi as well that only means that 2 of the active Site Admins are on the same page as the sites moderators.

Do you personally think that system does not require streamlining of some type? Or can you not see how it baffling to understand and I'm even looking at it from the point of view of someone coming up on 10k posts here and it just makes fuck all sense to me, I pity new users but it seems that feeling isn't something which filters up through people running the site, a forum shouldn't require a tutorial on the 12 different ranks and who is actually in them or who you need to turn to for assistance.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ganoncrotch said: 

Even in this thread alone you have "Gay Triarchy" 

Please don't take away Gaytriarchy. Actually, don't take away community tags at all.

When you say community tags, do you mean ones that people have amended onto their own avatars?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Mario Kart 8 by far being the worst selling entry in the franchise. #neverforget

Doesn't count, already admitted my mistake with that one!

Ganoncrotch said:

When you say community tags, do you mean ones that people have amended onto their own avatars?

No, I mean the other kind of community tags. 

Yes, those ones x'D.

Bristow9091 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

You guys refers to anyone who has any degree of say in what happens on this site.

and when you say "it's the admins" You mean "Site Admins" not the other 3 user types which have admin in them, and not anyone who just drops "Fun Admin" onto their avatar image since that would be fun to do wouldn't it?

There's currently 12 different types of user on here according to the users filters, are you suggesting that only ioi, Jlauro, Trucks, Talon, Machina and Torillian are the ones tasked with sorting out which of those 12 labels go on every other user? When you factor in that ioi does not do that work, are there any of those other 5 who are also not doing the role? When it comes to Machina, Jlauro and based on the comments here Trucks that also means that 3 of the site admins.... are not actually moderators so they wouldn't be the people who get reports of users who are messing with those tags, in fact factoring out ioi as well that only means that 2 of the active Site Admins are on the same page as the sites moderators.

Do you personally think that system does not require streamlining of some type? Or can you not see how it baffling to understand and I'm even looking at it from the point of view of someone coming up on 10k posts here and it just makes fuck all sense to me, I pity new users but it seems that feeling isn't something which filters up through people running the site, a forum shouldn't require a tutorial on the 12 different ranks and who is actually in them or who you need to turn to for assistance.

Oh I know exactly what you meant by "You guys"... I cleared it up in an edit, didn't want you to think I was triggered or being mean or something, lol. As for the bolded, yeah that's where it becomes such a problem, we have too many tags, and it's getting ridiculous.

Now onto it; once I made this post, I actually brought it up in mod chat and we're talking about it right now and we all agree that it needs to be streamlined, there are tags that just aren't necessary, the only ones that we should have are Site Admin, Mod, Game DB Admin, Writer and Supporter, all the others are just filler that make everything seem confusing, and that is something that we all agree on and would like to see changed. I know there's some talking going on between a few of the mods and TalonMan too about this whole streamlining process, so if all goes well we should be able to say something in the near future.

However, we can't necessarily stop people from making their own tags and adding them to their avatars manually, all we can do on that front is ask people not to do it... whether they listen or not is another question in itself, lol.

Well, maybe a solution would be to merge beta testers, poll admins and ambassadors into one program, so that an ambassador has the power to do beta testing and also do the polls.

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, maybe a solution would be to merge beta testers, poll admins and ambassadors into one program, so that an ambassador has the power to do beta testing and also do the polls.

But there's no real need for beta testers and poll admins to even have their own tags, and just make all staff become beta testers or something. I mean, no offence to you whatsoever, but you hardly need four tags covering up your avatar, two of them don't even match (Different font and size) and it just looks messy and confusing in my opinion

Well, there was a whole ordeal that led to the current situation.

Ganoncrotch said:

No, I mean the other kind of community tags. 

Yes, those ones x'D.

I legitimately didn't know if there was a gay community on here who distributed edited avatars for their user base or if it was people just doing it themselves, like I said I find the fact that any user puts anything on their avatar in an attempt to feign a site based role is a terrible thing, if you walked into Tesco with a mock tesco manager name badge and started talking to customers wearing it you would be asked to remove it or leave, I don't understand the site allowing people to throw together mock up tags.