By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft censoring nude statues in AC Origins Tour mode

I don't know why they would even bother censoring art from those times. It doesn't even make sense. You can practically go to a museum and see nudity all around from centuries past.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Murdering is fine of course as the very title of this game clearly suggests but showing the human body in its most natural state, Ooooh please glorious censorship, protect our tiny little brains from such an unholy sight...

Stupid humans and their twisted logic, I would destroy this planet if I could but I can't... Also I have no back up planet to go to so yeah, I'm stuck here with all this nonsense.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 21 February 2018

I'm guessing Ubisoft is expecting Tour Mode to get used as an educational tool, which would easily explain this. Otherwise, this does sound disappointing though.

mZuzek said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Stupid humans and their twisted logic, I would destroy this planet if I could but I can't... Also I have no back up planet to go to so yeah, I'm stuck here with all this nonsense.

I'm not sure you're much better.

I couldn't be as bad as you all with your murdering wars and armies you are all proud of and laws that keep telling you what the elites allow you to do and fake freedoms and NSA that spy on everyone and religions that spill more blood than there is water in rivers and your preying upon the weak and your predatory capitalism and your dictatorial communism and your overproduction of food in some countries while others literally starve to death etc...

I couldn't be that bad even if I tried, I just don't think it's possible. I can be very cynical out of my disgust of humans and not very social in real life as a result, sure but I cannot possibly be as bad. Thinking that I could is really really scary.

shikamaru317 said:
Zkuq said:
I'm guessing Ubisoft is expecting Tour Mode to get used as an educational tool, which would easily explain this. Otherwise, this does sound disappointing though.

That seems to be the case. But in a way that makes it even worse, means that ESRB/PEGI/etc. won't give it a Teen/12 rating with the nude statues still in. How is nude art so bad that it would raise the rating of the game from Teen/12  to Mature/17? We might need to rethink our rating guidelines, nude art is perfectly acceptable in an educational game imo. It's not like kids won't have already been exposed to it at some point, if they've ever gone to an art museum. Heck, there's an Italian restaurant in my town with 2 nude female statues at the entrance, lol. 

Yeah, there's definitely a problem.

Around the Network

Censoring statues is a bit silly, and doing it using shells just makes it a hundred times worse.

I find the seashells hilarious.

Kind of silly, but I don't see the point in getting worked up about it. I can personally attest to the fact that if you want to see nudity, it's really not that hard.

Please tell me this is a joke. The game is rated Mature 17+ in america. The morons that complaint about this should either go to a museum and get themselves cultured and/or read the ESRB rating and stop buying Mature games for their child.

Does she sell seashells by the seashore?

Signature goes here!

yvanjean said:
Please tell me this is a joke. The game is rated Mature 17+ in america. The morons that complaint about this should either go to a museum and get themselves cultured and/or read the ESRB rating and stop buying Mature games for their child.

The problem isn't even those nudity complaining morons, the problem is the very cultured and educated bosses of that company who choose to listen to those morons and give THEM priority over the rest of the people and thus decide to impose on everybody the PC ignorance of a minority.

This is very symptomatic of humans' twisted and perverted sense of logic.