By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2018 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Seems I am at the bottom of the wrong cliff, nothing is falling off here.

Around the Network

K, I think I got everything. If I did a bad or something comes up, give me a slap.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

LipeJJ said:
globalisateur said:
PS4 almost won by units and even won by revenue ! And Ryng thought Switch would win by 80 or 100k ! That and Bayonneta flopping in japan must be hard for him.

:P

So, you have sales figures? There's nothing suggesting PS4 almost won. Those 3% were the revenue difference.

Btw, congrats to Switch for beating PS4 on Monster Hunter World month with nothing noteworthy. 

3% difference in revenue between the first and third means it was close. PS4 having higher revenue tells me it was second in units just behind Switch.

PS4 got MHW, Street Fighter V; Arcade Edition and Dragonball FighterZ and Switch still won? Damn! Just imagine what things will be like when a big title hits the Switch!

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Guys, dont forget the SNES Classic.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Who won second? If the Ps4 won the best revenue, then all we know is that the Pro outsold the X. Everything else is up in the air. We know that Pro sold more because if that money came from the slim, it probablywould have won because of the 299 price. Being the same as switch it means that Pro outsold the X and that's all we can reason.

Not really. Base PS4 was more expensive than regular Xbox One so the X could have outsold the Pro and the regular PS4 could have outsold the regular Xbox and the PS4 could have still had a higher revenue. 

Slarvax said:
K, I think I got everything. If I did a bad or something comes up, give me a slap.

I would add "in any given January" for the XBO, but that's just a minor nitpick.

I miss the days when we had hard numbers.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The 3% gap between top selling platform and third best Is hardware sales in dollars. It must be very close between the 3

globalisateur said:
LipeJJ said:

So, you have sales figures? There's nothing suggesting PS4 almost won. Those 3% were the revenue difference.

Btw, congrats to Switch for beating PS4 on Monster Hunter World month with nothing noteworthy. 

3% difference in revenue between the first and third means it was close. PS4 having higher revenue tells me it was second in units just behind Switch.

So... you don't have numbers. Btw, isn't the Xbox One cheaper than PS4? I guess that's where most sales come from anyway, so that actually suggests PS4 was third this month... even with Monster Hunter World. What a surprise!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won