By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Glitch-fest of a site

TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:
A tip it is allways allways related to adds

...but not in this last case - it was ME breaking the code :P

Have you done something? Because I havn’t had this issue since this morning and before that, it happened on almost everything I tried to open.

Around the Network
abronn627 said:
TalonMan said:

...but not in this last case - it was ME breaking the code :P

Have you done something? Because I havn’t had this issue since this morning and before that, it happened on almost everything I tried to open.

you might want to clear your browser cache if you're still getting it now, think this was a temp thing this morning your browser might have cached some pages with the bugged code.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TalonMan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

you might want to clear your browser cache if you're still getting it now, think this was a temp thing this morning your browser might have cached some pages with the bugged code.

Yeah - it was REALLY temporary. Like, it was broken for about 10-15 seconds, and you all were ALL OVER me about it!!! Ha! Ha!!!! :P

Hating on the user that checks that vgchartz is working 60/60/24/7 ;.;

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I am also experiencing the issue of an add on the right side of the screen covering up forum hot topics. It starts in the usual place where an ad usually is, but then when I scroll down it scrolls WITH the page. It’s super annoying. I’m using Safari on an iPad Pro. I’ve always assumed iPads didn’t have ad blockers, but this issue is going to get me to confirm that assumption.

The adverts blocking the hot topics is sooo annoying.

Around the Network

For adverts that block the hot topics, I report them. That said, I am normally logged in and don't see them, which is a perk of being a supporter...

jlauro said:
For adverts that block the hot topics, I report them. That said, I am normally logged in and don't see them, which is a perk of being a supporter...

I'll be frank, I don't think it should be a paid perk of any sort for the site to work as intended. Obviously, very few sites nowadays DON'T run ads, I understand that fully, and even then many run an overwhelming amount just as VGC does. For the ads to actually get in the way of some of the site's core functions, though? That's too far for me, especially when the general response whenever I see these issues brought up is either to use adblock or donate to remove ads. (Disclosure: I use an adblocker.)

This isn't entirely related to the topic here, and I'm not calling people out individually or anything (I'm only even quoting you because your comment reminded me of this, not to call you out!), it just feels like a disservice to the site itself for this topic to be brushed aside or explained away by the users whenever that time of the month comes by that somebody brings it up. Maybe I'm the only one, it just feels unhealthy to me.

That all said, kudos to the admin team for improving it over the past year or so though, it's definitely a noticeable improvement at points. Whatever everybody's been doing within the boundaries laid out has worked decently enough so far.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!