By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there still a chance for February Direct?

Will it be Nintendo Direct in February?

Yes 9 18.37%

No 40 81.63%

Total:49

It's looking to be unlikely at this point, but there is still room for Nintendo to make the announcement. They've gotten to the point where an announcement drops only a few days before it airs.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Currently chances are slim for February Direct, but I am sure we will have one in March if we dont have one in February.

Wii U droughts all over again. If they don't announce anything more for March, this will be the third consecutively weak month for the Switch this year in software. MK8, Odyssey and Zelda should not be the highest games charting in Switch software still. March 3rd, I'm honestly crossing for.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see something before Switch hits that year mark, so yeah, I would expect something next week. Not a guarantee though as Nintendo reserves the right to alter any existing plans or expectations, naturally.

mZuzek said:
I'm beginning to fear they won't do anything until E3.

I know that's probably not gonna happen, and indeed I hope not, but I don't know, Nintendo's been way too silent lately.

Too Silent!? Today is 22. February, in December we had Bayoneta 1/2 and Bayonetta 3 announcements,  on 11. January we had Direct, and on 17. January Labo is announced. How that can be too silent? :)

friendlyfamine said: 

Wii U droughts all over again. If they don't announce anything more for March, this will be the third consecutively weak month for the Switch this year in software. MK8, Odyssey and Zelda should not be the highest games charting in Switch software still. March 3rd, I'm honestly crossing for.

What are you talking about!? Switch has every month some Nintendo or exclusive release algonside some 3rd party and Indie games, for instance Bayonetta 1/2 is just launched and we have some 3rd party and Indie games, and next month there is Kirby also with some 3rd party and Indies, that dont have anuthing with Wii U. There is reason why MK8, Odyssey and Zelda are still best Switch best selling games, because they are some of strongest Nintendo IPs.

Around the Network

Tbh I don't see a direct until April if we get one before E3 at all. That Mini Direct pretty much filled out the whole first half of the year line-up. A couple games still need dates but they don't need a direct for that. Animal Crossing, Smash (I'm 100% confident in them), and Fire Emblem still need revealing, but at this point they're clearly second half games so Nintendo can just wait until E3 for all of them.

friendlyfamine said:

Nope, Bayonetta and Kirby aren't literally nothing. And why shouldn't Nintendo's biggest sellers be topping the charts? I don't at all see how that could ever be considered a bad thing. Also, they're not gonna announce a killer app then release it within weeks, especially when they already had a direct announcing games for this time period, including one for March.

I feel like I should make a comment in here, but at the risk of getting hate I won't do it. And that's the only time hate has stopped me from writing a comment, so you know it's serious....

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I feel like I should make a comment in here, but at the risk of getting hate I won't do it. And that's the only time hate has stopped me from writing a comment, so you know it's serious....

Nothing on the internet is serious, so just post it!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Nothing on the internet is serious, so just post it!

But, what if people don't like me  

Lonely_Dolphin said: 

Tbh I don't see a direct until April if we get one before E3 at all. That Mini Direct pretty much filled out the whole first half of the year line-up. A couple games still need dates but they don't need a direct for that. Animal Crossing, Smash (I'm 100% confident in them), and Fire Emblem still need revealing, but at this point they're clearly second half games so Nintendo can just wait until E3 for all of them.

Actually if you look at release dates beyond Kirby and Labo we dont have almost any relase date for 1H, most likly we will have direct before or shortly after Kirby launch where focus will be on games releses from March to July-August (we definatly having at least one normal direct before E3), ofcourse we can definitely expect some new announcements (espacily 3rd party).