By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The sjw review by eurogamer on Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

And on my ignorance I thought there were still a lot of Aboriginal tribes still somewhat living without mixing with the Europeans descendants (in Brazil we still have several tribes that are still unknown and others that even though use cloths and technology are almost zero mix).

We pretty much have contact with all Aboriginal tribes, they tend to rely on modern advantages like Vehicles, Clothing, Housing and so on.

In the more developed areas where there have been significant European influence though, you can see the biological influence from Europeans which has resulted in significantly lighter skin pigmentation in the Aboriginal population. (I.E. Where I live.)
My Aboriginal neighbor for instance could actually pass as a tanned European.

Head up to Central Australia though, the place where Europeans tend to combust into a ball of flames from the Sun... And thus there having been less of a European influence, it's more common for Aboriginals to retain their extremely dark complexion, not always as there is still some mixing from those Aboriginals with other Aboriginals of lighter complexion.

Australia and Brazil are very much different countries though, not just ethnically, but environmentally, immigration/colonialism as well.

potato_hamster said:

You can? So my friend who grew up in Iceland and had a German father an Indonesian mother, and looks more Native American than anything else. You could tell his ancestry is German and Indonesian by his photo? You'd be the first. I have another friend whose skin tone is significantly darker than his brother who has the same mother and father as him. You wouldn't even know they're brothers just by looking at them they look so dissimilar.

This is why a sample size of one is absolutely terrible.

Of course modern influences have muddied the water which I have alluded to. Did you miss that part or something?

But if you disagree with the science that I have presented, the onus is on you to provide a better source.
Aka. "Put up or Shut up".

potato_hamster said:

No I didn't ignore it, because literally everyone has mixed heritage if you trace their family tree back far enough. It's a silly point.

And I acknowledged that people who have a mixed heritage is a common occurrence because of modern influences.

Yep we are very different countries and just last year I discovered that Australia is the 6th bigger country in land (although still not that high on population).

I believe that the main reason for several indigenous tribes in Brazil to haven't been found yet or living almost untouched is the dense forest.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
potato_hamster said:

You can? So my friend who grew up in Iceland and had a German father an Indonesian mother, and looks more Native American than anything else. You could tell his ancestry is German and Indonesian by his photo? You'd be the first. I have another friend whose skin tone is significantly darker than his brother who has the same mother and father as him. You wouldn't even know they're brothers just by looking at them they look so dissimilar.

This is why a sample size of one is absolutely terrible.

Of course modern influences have muddied the water which I have alluded to. Did you miss that part or something?

But if you disagree with the science that I have presented, the onus is on you to provide a better source.
Aka. "Put up or Shut up".

potato_hamster said:

No I didn't ignore it, because literally everyone has mixed heritage if you trace their family tree back far enough. It's a silly point.

And I acknowledged that people who have a mixed heritage is a common occurrence because of modern influences.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with the science you're presenting. It's just that it's not really that scientific. What you've presented arbitrarily draws a line in the sand and said "we're going to say that the people from this area and this date are going to be considered the indigenous people of that area, and this is their skin tone." Does that map look the same if you go back 500 years? or ahead 500 years? How about 1000 years in either direction?

For example. The predominant genetic traits of the average person living in modern day Egypt has changed dramatically in the past 2000 years. It's been invaded and controlled by multiple empires. So when we look at the "indigenous people of Egypt" are we looking at the skin tone of people before or after Egypt was invaded by Genghis Khan's Mongolian Empire? Or before or after Egypt was invaded by the  Persians? Italians? Ottomans? Arabs? French? Because all of those invasions affected what a modern day "indigenous Egyptian" looks like today.

So again, everyone is of mixed heritage if you trace their family tree back. Let's not pretend otherwise.

potato_hamster said:

Again, I'm not disagreeing with the science you're presenting. It's just that it's not really that scientific. What you've presented arbitrarily draws a line in the sand and said "we're going to say that the people from this area and this date are going to be considered the indigenous people of that area, and this is their skin tone." Does that map look the same if you go back 500 years? or ahead 500 years? How about 1000 years in either direction?

For example. The predominant genetic traits of the average person living in modern day Egypt has changed dramatically in the past 2000 years. It's been invaded and controlled by multiple empires. So when we look at the "indigenous people of Egypt" are we looking at the skin tone of people before or after Egypt was invaded by Genghis Khan's Mongolian Empire? Or before or after Egypt was invaded by the  Persians? Italians? Ottomans? Arabs? French? Because all of those invasions affected what a modern day "indigenous Egyptian" looks like today.

So again, everyone is of mixed heritage if you trace their family tree back. Let's not pretend otherwise.

The scientific evidence I have presented has citations. I highly suggest you peruse them as that would answer your questions in full.
If you are unaware of what a citation is... I am more than happy to educate you on the matter.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
potato_hamster said:

The scientific evidence I have presented has citations. I highly suggest you peruse them as that would answer your questions in full.
If you are unaware of what a citation is... I am more than happy to educate you on the matter.

Aww that's so sweet that you expect me to demonstrate the credibility of your sources instead of you! Thanks, but no thanks! We both know the onus is on you to support and defend your claims, not on me to do it for you! So please go on and quote the relevant portions of the citations that explain that their choice for indigenous people are based on reasonable assumptions and not arbitrarily chosen as I've implied.

Side note: Kids in Junior High know what citations are. How about you show a little more respect there next time? There's absolutely no need to be so condescending.

I mean who the fuck cares if that one random black merchant that existed in Bohemia isn't in the game.....

This doesnt make the dev rascist. I'm sick and tired of this bullshit sjw's always cook up.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:

Aww that's so sweet that you expect me to demonstrate the credibility of your sources instead of you! Thanks, but no thanks! We both know the onus is on you to support and defend your claims, not on me to do it for you! So please go on and quote the relevant portions of the citations that explain that their choice for indigenous people are based on reasonable assumptions and not arbitrarily chosen as I've implied.

Side note: Kids in Junior High know what citations are. How about you show a little more respect there next time? There's absolutely no need to be so condescending.

Except I have provided evidence for my claims, thus I have met the burden of proof. (Although, it wasn't originally my claim anyway, I just interjected mid-conversation.) - You have not provided anything except baseless drivel.

You refuse to acknowledge and read said evidence that has been presented, thus making you willfully ignorant.

Try again.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 03 March 2018

Pemalite said:
potato_hamster said:

Except I have provided evidence for my claims, thus I have met the burden of proof. (Although, it wasn't originally my claim anyway, I just interjected mid-conversation.) - You have not provided anything except baseless drivel.

You refuse to acknowledge and read said evidence that has been presented, thus making you willfully ignorant.

Try again.

Ohh you want sources for common knowledge? No problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_African_origin_of_modern_humans

K thanks.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Should Politics stay out of games? Well no, they shouldn't. I used to have that opinion, but I think over time I came to the conclusion that saying "politics should stay out of gaming" is more often than not just a way of saying you don't like the portrayal of something in a game. Which is totally fine and legitimate, but doesn't mean we should generalize it to politics as a whole staying out of games.

Does that part of the review sound like total ass? Yeah.

Said in a nicer way than I would have. Yeah, "such and such should stay out of politics" is code for: I don't agree with their political stance and I want them to be quiet. Had it been towards his political preference the thread would have never been born.

As for what is said in the review, she sounds like an idiot if the game really is portraying a time piece and attempting to be historically accurate. Those who write these sorts of reviews I often find are not really gamers as much as they are political commentators who failed to gain an audience they had hoped to have gained and then fell into the hellpits that is called gaming "journalism" in a lame attempt to be recognized here. Then again it's also possible she wrote that part on purpose for attention much like some sites give a game a low score for clicks. Didn't check the author since I'm lazy but I'd definitely say it's a possibility itself

potato_hamster said:

K thanks.

That doesn't dispute the evidence I provided earlier. Try again.

Pemalite said:
potato_hamster said:

K thanks.

That doesn't dispute the evidence I provided earlier. Try again.

It totally does, and I'll leave you to figure it out, since "The scientific evidence I have presented has citations. I highly suggest you peruse them as that would answer your questions in full".

K. Thanks.