By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The sjw review by eurogamer on Kingdom Come: Deliverance

DonFerrari said:
CosmicSex said:

Racism obviously still exists.  I am not saying that all complaints are null.  And yes some claims of racism are real and some are not.  I am saying that the idea that there is a massive army of people trying to harm either group is a fantasy.  A farce created to sow distrust and leave them in fear.  Once you can get people to fear something you can control them.  I never mentioned that when I posted about my experience with racism oversees it was done by other black people.  In just the same way that most real SJW on white men come from other white men.  However, it is not the rule and everyone and everything isn't out to get you just because it questions something on the basis of race.  To break free, you can't let yourself be defined as a victim. 

Yes racism exist, and there are people from all sides that are affected or do it. And yes in Ocidental world we have to agree that Black people suffer more from it than white and asians, denying any of this is crazy. And also I agree that a lot of the "this is racism" is misguided and the cry outs are used to divide people.

CosmicSex said:

Sorry, I want to really delve into it.  Haven't had time yet.  Heading home soon.

I understand, will wait.

HoloDust said:

Um...I dont think anyone in Europe calls people from Spain latin, that's very American. And no, there's no significant difference beteween them and most other Europeans.

Perhaps it isn't something Europeans do as I don't have much contact with them, but not only american, but also people from Brazil (and probably other south americans and possibly spain and portugal people) differentiate themselves from being from the peninsula.

And if you don't see significant difference between the more dark skinned, haired, eye people from Italy, Portugal and perhaps Spain against German and Norwegian then you need some medical orientation.

Do you also think all Asian and all Black look equal?

We use the term Mediterranean.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
HoloDust said:

There's nothing to discuss about that - there were some "Latins" (if by that you mean Italian, Spanish, French etc) in Bohemia as a whole, but as I said, you mostly can't really distinguish them by how they look from other occupants of that region - in that specific 16 sqaure km rural area, I doubt it's probable though. As for black people, it's been discussed already, that's in the realm of SJW fantasy.

If you can't distinguish a Spanish, Portuguese or Italian from a German then you are a little off... so how would Hitler even differentiate the non-Arian or non-German?

And seems like HoloDust really needed a class from a South American about how some European differentiate Slavs, german, vandals, latins, etc... Thanks Errorist to confirm that at least one European country call the southern Europe as Latins.

@Errorist76: I still want to see cosmicsex opinion after reviewing the material and saying the reviewer was doing a bad job and deserved to be called out.

Considering that due to my job I see lot of different Europeans quite often (just recently went to Moscow), you would be surprised how hard is to tell where someone's coming from - of course, the further north or south you go it gets somewhat easier, but on average, you'd be quite surprised - I personally can pass for almost about anything, apart from your stereotypical Scandinavian/Icelander...and when I'm tanned then some...

But please, do go on, entertain me further.

HoloDust said:
DonFerrari said:

Man latin people are more dark skinned, haired and eyed than Norwey people... so among the "white people" there is as most ethinical difference as there would be among Asian population (where they hate people to confuse chinese, korean, japan and probably others or be called all equal) and of course African (I know of some handful tribes with very different traits among nose, ear, hips, etc).

But if someone was really being honest about diversity he would ask for a precise distribution of every ethnicity that could be present instead of just white x black.

I can assure you that even though I have 3/4 of my heritage from Black, while looking white Latin, no one would confuse me for an Norwegian.

Um...I dont think anyone in Europe calls people from Spain latin, that's very American. And no, there's no significant difference beteween them and most other Europeans.

I think if you go to south spain people will maybe tend to have a darker skin tone maybe? Because of the influence of the african invasions that happened in the past (whats the word for it? Mouros?). I believe this is one of the explanations why there are a lot of people form portugal with a slight darker skin tone.

Also if you go to Italy you will notice how different is people from north and south italy. So depending on the country there can be huge differences from region to region.

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

If you can't distinguish a Spanish, Portuguese or Italian from a German then you are a little off... so how would Hitler even differentiate the non-Arian or non-German?

And seems like HoloDust really needed a class from a South American about how some European differentiate Slavs, german, vandals, latins, etc... Thanks Errorist to confirm that at least one European country call the southern Europe as Latins.

@Errorist76: I still want to see cosmicsex opinion after reviewing the material and saying the reviewer was doing a bad job and deserved to be called out.

Really? There's literally no difference between them. Walking down the street you simply won't be able to tell if someone is Spanish, Italian, German, French, Scottish etc unless they actually start speaking and you hear their accent. They don't look any different.

As for hitler... he was a nutjob, that's how.

Also, from what I gather it's not at all uncommon for south American countries to have a mixed race European/indigenous majority or plurality. So wouldn't it make more sense that any latino/a differences are due to that rather than because of their Spanish heritage.

Also also,

pics of the Spanish and German football teams...

Do they really look like different races to you (except the black guy, obviously )?

Let's break a little.

German population in Brazil are majorly concentrated on the south states and they haven't mixed with black, indigenous or other races in Brazil at the time (and they are a little "new" here depending on the placement, some like 200+ years and others under 70 years) so there are a lot of "pure german" here.

Italian have been mixing more, but still you have traits from Italian that visually you differentiate than the already multi mixed Brazilian.

And on your picture yes we can do differentiate them, and that is today after all the mixing that Europe have had on the last on the last 600 years... so if you think in 1400 population of both countries would be represented by those pictures you would be wrong.

Pyro as Bill said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes racism exist, and there are people from all sides that are affected or do it. And yes in Ocidental world we have to agree that Black people suffer more from it than white and asians, denying any of this is crazy. And also I agree that a lot of the "this is racism" is misguided and the cry outs are used to divide people.

I understand, will wait.

Perhaps it isn't something Europeans do as I don't have much contact with them, but not only american, but also people from Brazil (and probably other south americans and possibly spain and portugal people) differentiate themselves from being from the peninsula.

And if you don't see significant difference between the more dark skinned, haired, eye people from Italy, Portugal and perhaps Spain against German and Norwegian then you need some medical orientation.

Do you also think all Asian and all Black look equal?

We use the term Mediterranean.

It's a different term than caucasian =]

HoloDust said:
DonFerrari said:

Considering that due to my job I see lot of different Europeans quite often (just recently went to Moscow), you would be surprised how hard is to tell where someone's coming from - of course, the further north or south you go it gets somewhat easier, but on average, you'd be quite surprised - I personally can pass for almost about anything, apart from your stereotypical Scandinavian/Icelander...and when I'm tanned then some...

You are the one entertaining us and now using argument of authority while being at the same time completely incapable of differentiating stereotypical population from any european country (at least you conceded the Scandinavian)... sorry to burst your bubble but most "Caucasian" Brazilian that have gone to Europe were almost considered black or at least mixed because our white is like 10x shades of tan and sun resistance over your German or Norwegian.

Have you seem how many people disagreed of your point and provided that their countries do differentiate the regular ethnicity from Mediterranean or Latin area? But if you think 1400 vandals were the same as normandos, greeks or spaniards ok.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
HoloDust said:

You are the one entertaining us and now using argument of authority while being at the same time completely incapable of differentiating stereotypical population from any european country (at least you conceded the Scandinavian)... sorry to burst your bubble but most "Caucasian" Brazilian that have gone to Europe were almost considered black or at least mixed because our white is like 10x shades of tan and sun resistance over your German or Norwegian.

Have you seem how many people disagreed of your point and provided that their countries do differentiate the regular ethnicity from Mediterranean or Latin area? But if you think 1400 vandals were the same as normandos, greeks or spaniards ok.

You have no idea how ridiculous, arrogant and ignorant you sound to me at this point - yeah, I really need Brazilian to tell me how to differentiate my fellow Europeans, cause somehow I've been unable to do it by myself in my late 40s.

Travel a bit more if you can, get back to me when you do.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
DonFerrari said:

You have no idea how ridiculous, arrogant and ignorant you sound to me at this point - yeah, I really need Brazilian to tell me how to differentiate my fellow Europeans, cause somehow I've been unable to do it by myself in my late 40s.

Yep, I can see something about arrogance and ignorance...

All these tries to change the topic, do personal attack just to avoid admitting you are wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
HoloDust said:

Yep, I can see something about arrogance and ignorance...

All these tries to change the topic, do personal attack just to avoid admitting you are wrong.

There's no changing of topic, but I'm wasting my time on you here and it's quite pointless really, since you're half a world away from actual topic to see it with your own eyes.

As I said, travel more, get back to me then.

My two cents:
A review is supposed to be communicating to readers information that may be of interest regarding purchase. Now, since not every person thinks the same, those standard may vary.

To me, the fact that this dev let his own politics come in the way of the mission statement of the game, historical realism, is enough to give me pause. That the guy aligned himself with a known hate group leads me to avoid the game completely.
To you, this is not a problem.
This is fine.

What is not fine is you demanding the reviewer avoid mentioning the head honcho's politics, despite those directly affecting the resulting game, because you feel they are not a selling point.
It would be akin to ignoring that, say, MG Survive was mostly based on the work of a previous team, unceremoniously fired after their last project, because it makes Konami look bad.
The only difference here is you think him right

There are many reviews which completely ignore this; I dare say that Eurogamer are in the minority by just mentioning this.
It makes it all the more laughable that one review sent you crying back to the forums about the mean sjws.

HoloDust said:
DonFerrari said:

I've travelled a lot through all parts of Europe and people differ a lot. For example, Latvian girls look like a mixture between Swedes and Russians (deadly)...which is exactly what they are. You honestly come off as pretty ignorant (or seem to have a visual problem) if you refuse to admit that...No matter how much you travel. 

One just has to watch the Olympic games to understand what we are on about.

Tulipanzo said:

To me, the fact that this dev let his own politics come in the way of the mission statement of the game, historical realism, is enough to give me pause. 

How many historians have already stated that it was indeed very unlikely to come across a black person in medieval Bohemia?

And people still keep riding that horse?!