By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 vs Switch: Launch aligned, who hits 100 million first?

which will reach 100m faster?

PS4 94 70.68%

Switch 39 29.32%

Total:133

I'm not even sure the Switch will ever reach 100m...

Around the Network
chakkra said:

I don't see it either, which is why PS4 is the automatic answer for me. lol

CGI-Quality said:
Switch will need Wii-type momentum for a good while. I'd say it's too early to call it, either way. After its 1st and 2nd full years, then it would be a better time to have this discussion.

Good thing Labo is around the corner which will be the next Nintendogs/Brain Age/Wii Fit/Kinect craze

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Only one of them will hit 100 million.

If the Nintendo keeps the pressure by consistently launching appealing exclusives year after year, then the Switch. PS4 has been doing that right out of the gate since Nov. 2013, so Nintendo can't afford to not do the same otherwise PS4 will reach to 100 million units faster, way faster... Nintendo can't afford to do their "franchise drought" crap that they pull every other console gen.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Seriously? Does this even need to asked?

Yes it does, Switch is outselling PS4 launch allinied in case you forgot that, and we are talking about Nintendo wanting to ship over 20 million in 2018, which is also way more than what PS4 did in 2015, if you seriusly are saying this is out of question, you are crazy.

PDF said:
chakkra said:

I don't really see it going over 70m

This is a bit baffling.

Its tracking on par with 3DS which had an $80 price cut to $170 after 5 months while Switch is still at $300 with more expensive software & accessories.

3DS is not at 72m and growing. 3DS level sales really should be the minimum, not the max.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PDF said:
chakkra said:

I don't really see it going over 70m

Oh my... This thread will be gold in a few years.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Seriously? Does this even need to asked?

Yes it does, Switch is outselling PS4 launch allinied in case you forgot that, and we are talking about Nintendo wanting to ship over 20 million in 2018, which is also way more than what PS4 did in 2015, if you seriusly are saying this is out of question, you are crazy.

Its okay,  I think he missed the "launches aligned" part, as did other people in this thread.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Holy shit the predictions in this thread are almost the same as threads from like .... June-ish 2017. Come on guys...