By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Thread now open for business

I’m currently mostly irritated when a match starts (both turf war and ranked) and I see that I have one or more snipers on my team.

That’s a tell tale sign that my team will lose unless the other team also has the equal amount of snipers.

During my time pleying this game I’ve only come across 2 players that could handle snipers...

Around the Network
Spindel said:
I’m currently mostly irritated when a match starts (both turf war and ranked) and I see that I have one or more snipers on my team.

That’s a tell tale sign that my team will lose unless the other team also has the equal amount of snipers.

During my time pleying this game I’ve only come across 2 players that could handle snipers...

It wouldn't be too bad if we could change the gear in the middle of the match and adjust to the situation, but unfortunately that's not an option and most likely never will be. That's the main reason why I stopped playing Splatoon 2 (amongst other reasons). At some point it just gets too random for my taste. Which is a shame, because I enjoyed it and it has huge potential, but at this state I'd rather invest my time somewhere else. 

Kristof81 said:
Spindel said:

It wouldn't be too bad if we could change the gear in the middle of the match and adjust to the situation, but unfortunately that's not an option and most likely never will be. That's the main reason why I stopped playing Splatoon 2 (amongst other reasons). At some point it just gets too random for my taste. Which is a shame, because I enjoyed it and it has huge potential, but at this state I'd rather invest my time somewhere else. 

Well if you're up for it share some friends codes and perhaps we can get a team together.  With all the randoms I've played with I would think playing on a team that was communicating via Discord or the Nintendo Phone App would allow that team to clean up.

Tag for the squids.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Anybody else here using the Phone app?
I started using it just to order gear with alternate mains on it from the shop on the app. After using it a bit and exploring it some I really kind of like it. I like looking at my stats (which cannot be found in-game anyway as far as I have seen) and not having to do that between matches is actually kind of convenient. I'm starting to think perhaps Nintendo may be on to something.
What do you Charterz think?

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Nice thread! I'll share what my builds are anf what else im trying to do.

Well thank you.  Share away.

The_Yoda said:
Platina said:

Splat wiki had a really good list for S1 gear, but haven't looked into Splat2

I'd browsed through a couple which one in particular were you thinking of?

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Quick_Respawn

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
The_Yoda said:

I'd browsed through a couple which one in particular were you thinking of?

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Quick_Respawn

Thank you my Canadian friend, I've added it to the second post after changing the link to the Wiki's main page

The_Yoda said:
I started using it just to order gear with alternate mains on it from the shop on the app. After using it a bit and exploring it some I really kind of like it. I like looking at my stats (which cannot be found in-game anyway as far as I have seen) and not having to do that between matches is actually kind of convenient. I'm starting to think perhaps Nintendo may be on to something.

If you mean SplatNet 2 I really like it for the statistics, I've ordered some gear trough it but in reality I really don't switch gear to often.

As for voice chat, I haven't tried it. I'm not really interested in voice chat and find it kind of relieving not to have voice chat. The core concept of Splatoon is so simple voice chat isn't really needed and no amount of voice chat will help a team with clueless players (like the guy inking the opponents spawn when their entire team is transporting the rainmaker towards that teams victory).

Spindel said:
The_Yoda said:

If you mean SplatNet 2 I really like it for the statistics, I've ordered some gear trough it but in reality I really don't switch gear to often.

As for voice chat, I haven't tried it. I'm not really interested in voice chat and find it kind of relieving not to have voice chat. The core concept of Splatoon is so simple voice chat isn't really needed and no amount of voice chat will help a team with clueless players (like the guy inking the opponents spawn when their entire team is transporting the rainmaker towards that teams victory).

Yes I do mean Splatnet2.  I just realized tonight when in battle stats if you drill down all the way into a specific match it also tells you how many times you got splatted.

As for the gear, I have some I'd consider ok, but I hardly ever wear it because I'm constantly trying to farm chunks.

@bold I agree that the maps are small enough and  core concept is simple.  Where I disagree is that being able to communicate can turn a player around that isn't grasping the strategy of the game mode.  Now if said player is told get back to base but continues to ink their spawn, then yes if they ignore suggestions talking does no good.