By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Thread now open for business

So what do you think of SplatNet2?

Its a Secret to Everybody - OK maybe not but I wanted to work in a Zelda reference
SplatNet2 is part of the Nintendo Switch Online phone app. (can you get it on the PC?). 

I'll start off saying I'm not a big fan of the chat through it.  At first I didn't really like the app .  Now I really do.  Considering you can't back out of lobbies if I have a wait I'll check it instead of using the buttons, directional pad and sticks to make my own often less than fresh beats while stuck in the lobby that is slow to fill.  I constantly order gear with the alternate main abilities, I check the stats and battle tabs (these are the two I use the most).  It could very easily be argued that all the info you can find on the app should be present in the game. 

Did Nintendo actually get with the times and embrace the fact most people that can afford their systems also have smartphones? Is making those phones an extension of sorts to the game a killer move?

If you use it what do you like about it / dislike about it? What do you find you use the most? What more would you like to see (for me it would be great if it showed the map in real time)?

If you don't want to throw your two cents in on the discussion you can always take the easy route and cast a vote in the new poll.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 29 March 2018

Around the Network

LOL I should have slept last night, I'd forgotten that I brought this up once before. Oh well.

New Splatfest incoming ...

Check it out

*When you finally getting used to the motion controls*

Brand affinity update after 18 more slots (63 total):

Common=28.57% Normal=69.84% Rare=1.59%

I played turf war with a couple scrubby friends today so we got matched with other greenhorns. We were all on the same team one battle and the poor enemy schmucks didn't know what to do about autobombs, and I even wiped them a couple times...once with tenta missiles. I felt so bad for them...but after my friends left a bunch of rollers showed up, kicked ass & took names, so it all balanced out in the end.

Around the Network
Mr_Destiny said:

I played turf war with a couple scrubby friends today so we got matched with other greenhorns. We were all on the same team one battle and the poor enemy schmucks didn't know what to do about autobombs, and I even wiped them a couple times...once with tenta missiles. I felt so bad for them...but after my friends left a bunch of rollers showed up, kicked ass & took names, so it all balanced out in the end.

I believe the exact odds have already been mathed out, but I only remember that the favored ability is 5x more likely while the unfavored is 5x less likely.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Mr_Destiny said:

I believe the exact odds have already been mathed out, but I only remember that the favored ability is 5x more likely while the unfavored is 5x less likely.

I see! Thanks for the info.

My level is 37 right now.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
My level is 37 right now.

Just managed to get level 39 yesterday. Leveling up takes a lot of time now.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Yay ! My rank became S at splat zones.

I'm using Splattershot Jr.