By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Thread now open for business

Platina said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Ah, that's good to know. Most of what I saw were splattershots (usually pros, aerosprays, or sploosh-o-matics), duelies, brushes, and rollers with an occasional charger or blaster thown in. 

Welcome to the new meta :p

Apparently the sloshing machine is pretty strong due to 2 hit KO + attack speed

Yea I figured that was the meta. I'll have to see how I perform with the sloshing machine whenever I can get it.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network
Platina said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Ah, that's good to know. Most of what I saw were splattershots (usually pros, aerosprays, or sploosh-o-matics), duelies, brushes, and rollers with an occasional charger or blaster thown in. 

Well it's a 2 hit if you get a direct, otherwise 3 hit with AoE, and it's attack speed is pretty slow. The large hitbox + above average range is why it's so good, making landing hits easy and letting it take great advantage of all the uneven terrain and obstacles in this game. The range nerf on shooter weapons also helps make it's slow TTK not as big of a downside as before.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Platina said:

Well it's a 2 hit if you get a direct, otherwise 3 hit with AoE, and it's attack speed is pretty slow. The large hitbox + above average range is why it's so good, making landing hits easy and letting it take great advantage of all the uneven terrain and obstacles in this game. The range nerf on shooter weapons also helps make it's slow TTK not as big of a downside as before.

Its much more agile than blasters and still has a little bit of blaster in it so thats why its my favourite sloshing type weapon and it might actually be my favourite weapon. Its nice and surprisingly versatile weapon. And even if you jump it will shoot where you want, unlike blasters. Downside is that the sloshing machine and others sloshers deal less damage when fired from above/higher ground.

Its fun that splatoon has weapons and weapon types that are quite interesting and new for shooters and offer new kind of tactics. I still have a lot of love for roller and especially those moments when you use one and roll others to oblivion, its so satisfying.

So, I started the Story Mode, have done about 4 levels so far!

Doing the story mode first is a good way to train before going against others in online. If you can resist the urge of inking other inklings to smitherings. Splatoon 2 story also forces you to try different weapons and thats good thing. Get a little taste of what it feels to use a charger vs shooter vs dualie vs roller

Around the Network
PSintend0 said:
Doing the story mode first is a good way to train before going against others in online. If you can resist the urge of inking other inklings to smitherings. Splatoon 2 story also forces you to try different weapons and thats good thing. Get a little taste of what it feels to use a charger vs shooter vs dualie vs roller

Yeah, I'm planning on beating the story first before I move onto online play.

PSintend0 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Its much more agile than blasters and still has a little bit of blaster in it so thats why its my favourite sloshing type weapon and it might actually be my favourite weapon. Its nice and surprisingly versatile weapon. And even if you jump it will shoot where you want, unlike blasters. Downside is that the sloshing machine and others sloshers deal less damage when fired from above/higher ground.

Its fun that splatoon has weapons and weapon types that are quite interesting and new for shooters and offer new kind of tactics. I still have a lot of love for roller and especially those moments when you use one and roll others to oblivion, its so satisfying.

The Clash Blaster might have something to say on that agility bit! But yeah, aftering maining regular Slosher in Splat1, the Sloshing Machine became my main in this game, up until the Slosher Deco arrived anyway!

The_Yoda said:
Mr_Destiny said:

I've begun keeping track of the sub chunks I get after wiping my gear to find the exact probabilities for the brand affinities. After 45 sub slots it looks like...

~27% for the common ability

~2% for the rare ability

~71% for all other abilities.

Mind if I add this to the second post?

Go right ahead! But I'll be updating my results every so often, so keep your eyes peeled for new posts.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

The Clash Blaster might have something to say on that agility bit! But yeah, aftering maining regular Slosher in Splat1, the Sloshing Machine became my main in this game, up until the Slosher Deco arrived anyway!

I didn’t mean firing speed, but moving around and shooting and battling enemied that got close etc.

I find it funny that people always seem to main something. I just use some weapons more often than others and some very very rarely, so I don’t want to admit to main anything...

who am I kidding I have mained sloshing machines since it arrived in splatoon 1 :P

but I am not good with it or good with anything, but its too fun to play splatoon so I cannot stop.

English : Booyah !!
Japanese : Naisu !!