By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Box Office: Chinese and American Box Office records looking to fall this weekend

Black Panther is looking at a possible 200 million in the United States this weekend (would be around Jurassic World and original Avengers) and is looking to take down Age of Ultron's President Day record.

Just as big news, Monster Hunt 2 released in the Chinese markets to a huge 97 million day launch. This destroys the previous first day record of 68 million by F8 of the Furious. Monster Hunt originally had the crown for biggest Chinese movie of all time. Wolf Warrior 2 now has that at 854 million dollars in China. That is more than double the original Monster Hunts total. Keep an eye on this, if it breaks Wolf Warrior 2 (highly doubtful), the only other title to make more money in a single market is The Force Unleashed in the United States.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

The Force Awakens, not The Force Unleashed

Teeqoz said:
The Force Awakens, not The Force Unleashed

Oh boy, thanks haha

I'm checking out Black Panther tonight. Looks cool, but I know nothing about it except what I heard on the radio. 

Do you mean age of ultrons Memorial Day record?  Because it did not come out in February...

gergroy said:

Do you mean age of ultrons Memorial Day record?  Because it did not come out in February...

Possibly, I was taking information from an article without fact checking. What I know is that this is going to be the biggest SINGLE (as in solo) superhero launch of all time. Could be the biggest if it beats Avengers.

Around the Network

I don't go to the movies often but maybe I should go check Black Panther out in the theater.

Wait, what? Holy shit if it pans out. I was expecting Dr. Strange numbers. $75 million on a Friday is madness.