By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Overkill share new information on Payday 2 Switch edition.

For anybody interested, Overkill has given a little more info on the upcoming Payday 2 for Switch. Most notable are up to 1080p docked and 720p handheld resolution running at a steady 30fps, use of HD rumble and over 50 heists. Up to 3 other players can join in both online and local play.

Be sure to let me know if any of you are getting this as it would be great to team up with some of you for some heisting fun.

https://youtu.be/unR5c3z08AA

Around the Network

It's 30fps on PS4 and Xbox One, so realistically that was always going to be the ceiling for Switch.

The system is still rather short on FPS games and M-rated experiences, so this should help round out its library while we wait on stuff like Wolfenstein II, Bayonetta 3, etc.

Okay, can we agree THIS will sell like shit on Switch? Not even a good game from what I remember.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Okay, can we agree THIS will sell like shit on Switch? Not even a good game from what I remember.

Most likely. I don't think this game is popular anymore. It will give the game a bit of a boost in popularity, but it's going to go back to obscurity, fast.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Low sales or not, it's adding more variety to the Switch library which can only be a good thing.

Around the Network

Well, I guess it's a good thing then that we're not the game publishers

VGPolyglot said:

Us gamers get it good 😀

zippy said:

Low sales or not, it's adding more variety to the Switch library which can only be a good thing.

True, won't deny that. And actually the set up for the game is good. I imagine that people will pick it up, play 5 matches, think it's crazy good, and then get bored of it in a few days. But it's still adding variety, which is nice.

VGPolyglot said: 

Being an indie game gamer 101 xD

More games are always a good thing. Plus, I don't think it's a bad game. Just a bit average?

Tempted to get this - had some fun playing with friends on Steam. Game reminds me of the opening scene of The Dark Knight heh.

Although I just noticed it going for 50 bucks? Pass at that price. Maybe at 30 I'd pick it up.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden