By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Labo overview trailers - Toy-Con Kit 01 and 02

FloatingWaffles said:

Ok, that motorbike racing one is really fucking cool, like seriously. I'm surprised by how cool that one looks. The track creator looks similar to the one from Modnation Racers as well which is even better. If that ends up having online multiplayer and track sharing, I could see that being the big stand out in Labo, maybe along with the piano.

The software that comes with Labo in general seems to have a lot more to it than just some simple minigames! Some of them do still look pretty basic like the fishing one though, and the RC car I feel like will just get boring pretty quickly lol. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how complex the software actually is once it releases, but from what they've shown it looks like it could be good. 

It's amazing how much uses Nintendo is being able to find out of using just the Joy-Cons.

The RC car can apparently chase a heat signature. cant wait to see it chasing my cats...

Around the Network

Looks much better than what the first trailer (which didn't really impress me) suggested.

Considering that 80% of Labo's magic/possibilities stem from a simple low-resolution camera, I wonder why the other console manufacturers still use cameras so little.
Cameras are cheap as hell nowadays, but provide for so many possibilities! That is why many years ago during the last console generation I predicted that all consoles of the current generation would ship with one. I turned out to be wrong on this - but Nintendo just prove why something both as cheap and powerful as a camera should ship with every console, and not just be an optional peripheral.

Ok, that actually looks really cool, especially the Variety Kit!
I'm beginning to consider it for myself now.
If I had extra money, this would make a fantastic birthday gift for my niece alongside the Switch itself.

Even if it flops, I doubt it would hurt much Nintendo financially. The cost of development and production, surly can't be as high as coming up with new, modern AAA game.

It seems a lot better than initial impressions.

I wonder what kind of crazy stuff people will be doing with their customized toy-cons and with toy-cons created by their own using the Garage mode.