By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GPU prices more than double as cryptocurrency craze accelerates

But le crash

Around the Network
numberwang said:

But le crash

Crash my ass. I'm making close to 50 dollars every day in this crashed market hehe.

This makes console gaming that much cheaper lol, poor pc elitists.

bubblegamer said:
numberwang said:

But le crash

Crash my ass. I'm making close to 50 dollars every day in this crashed market hehe.

This makes console gaming that much cheaper lol, poor pc elitists.

What'cha doing?

Daily trading and ICO's. Invested 1600 $, lol i wish i could do more.

Chazore said:
I can't wait to see the bubble pop, and all those who invested into the mining process losing it all.

Good thing I bought my 1080ti when I did, as well as still having my GTX 980/680 cards too.

The bubble popped recently but it's stabilising again. It will grow gradually again though. This ain't going away anytime soon  

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Chazore said:
I can't wait to see the bubble pop, and all those who invested into the mining process losing it all.

Good thing I bought my 1080ti when I did, as well as still having my GTX 980/680 cards too.

The bubble popped recently but it's stabilising again. It will grow gradually again though. This ain't going away anytime soon  

It's also not going to be around forever either though. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

It's also not going to be around forever either though. 

That's what they've been saying since 2011 and the whole thing is just getting bigger and bigger. Universities now give studies on it and banks are working on integrating the network.

bubblegamer said:

That's what they've been saying since 2011 and the whole thing is just getting bigger and bigger. Universities now give studies on it and banks are working on integrating the network.

Yeah, and so far, it's not completely obliterated the entire sector either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

RolStoppable said:

In a comparison chart, the site shows that cards such as the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Nvidia's flagship among its range of gaming GPUs - is currently being sold online for $1,350 - more than twice the MSRP of $700.

Is basic math not being taught in schools anymore?

No time for that when you can make fancy graphs in Excel instead!

I am happy to be focusing on my PS3/4/Vita for now, certainly not a good time to get a new GPU.

Who is in the crypto market since its inception is already used to how volatile valuations are, prices can go up or down fast and in a huge gap. Nothing new.